Author Topic: Is this a render or an in-game screenshot?  (Read 5515 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Is this a render or an in-game screenshot?
There are actually two things in the picture that lacks proper quality.

The first one is the planet. There is only an old single poor quality texture available for Epsilon 3. Thus it is very difficult to make a decent one from scratch that resembles the one seen in the show enough. We've had quite a trouble to get a decent replacement.

The second thing is that the B5 model lacks shinemapping and glowpoints.

Those two points aside, the screenshot is very impressive.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
The lack of shinemapping and the ambient light in the shots really keep B5 from looking as good as it could.

Also the planet needs a better mask on it (to avoid the black line edgies) and needs to be a lot higher resolution ;)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

I can't say I like the texture on that model, it's too bright, but that could just be the lighting.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by Ace
Also the planet needs a better mask on it (to avoid the black line edgies) and needs to be a lot higher resolution ;)

Like I said, Epsilon 3 is a problem since it needs to be redone from scratch, it ends up not being recognized as Epsilon 3 anymore. There is no high-quality source material available.

It will be done through trial and error. But will it be in 3.0? Who knows... Until then, only low-res R2 version will be available. :(
« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 12:39:21 pm by 173 »

Offline Baldur

This isn't render at all look on that lighting... it's the FS2... i hate that smooth lighting in FS2 ;)... just look on it more properly we have the epsilon 3 lighted on left and from same side B5... but it seems like the light goes from Epsilon 3 ;)

but still you do a great work but this screen isn't the good one ;(
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 07:47:31 am by 2404 »