Author Topic: Blah.. screw this..  (Read 5457 times)

Offline TheCelestialOne

• Man of Exceptional Taste
blah.. screw this.... Turanic Ion Array Frigate Released
Originally posted by Alikchi
It's Black Mage from the original Final Fantasy.

Could it be a Vivi/Rayden mix?

Or a Vivi/Vegeta mix?
"I also like to stomp my enemies, incite rebellions, start the occasional war, and spend lazy hours preening my battle aura."

~Supporter of the The Babylon Project~

Like Babylon 5? Like Star Trek? Like science fiction? Go HERE

Maybe FF/Street Fighter/DBZ.  The Hadoken was Ryu's and Ken's fireball thing, but the effect is too dragenballish.

And is that from 8-bit theater?

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
lol, so much for the bentusi station. :p

lets see one of dem guys flying around in fs2! ;)

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Hmmm... they are a bit, how shall we say, corpulent?

what i would like to know is how this thread turned from thorn saying he couldn't release the trade ship into a discussion of crappy fighting games...

[size=-5]Be a baddass or be a pussy but choose only one. -Manwich [/size]

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
Well Eloran decided to post a picture on the forum that obviously captured everyone's attention... and the discussion swinged that way... uhh... yeah.

Offline elorran

• Big Daddy Tap
  • Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
elorran.... DOUBLE 'R'!

And DragonClaw has a point.  Though that said, we haven't been seeing much traffic in here lately. :(
Thats no moon... hes dropped his pants!

'grats Thorn :) Looking good, as always...

how many different file formats have you tried as intermediates in your conversions?

You may be aware there is one small shared texture area on the bentusi ship, lod0, just behind the top center of the horseshoe's front.  Dunno if that would cause a problem with a converter or not.  I really dont know much about how FS2 uses models or what type of models... Have you tried converting to a lightwave mesh first to split apart the model into objects based on the different materials?  Then perhaps convert to .obj or whatever format FS2 uses?

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
It has to be converted to .cob, Truespace format, to convert it to .pof. It converts fine to Truespace. Renders properly and everything. Add the turrets, convert it, open it in ModelView, and either it crashes, or it looks gimped... I cant see it working by any way short of rebuilding it from scratch...

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Originally posted by Thorn
It has to be converted to .cob, Truespace format, to convert it to .pof. It converts fine to Truespace. Renders properly and everything. Add the turrets, convert it, open it in ModelView, and either it crashes, or it looks gimped... I cant see it working by any way short of rebuilding it from scratch...

Maybe it's the Attack of the -- INVERTED TEXTURES!!!

I used to have the same problem when I was converting Hellbender models into Freespace 2 POF format.

By the way, can you give me an actual list of the ships that you haven't converted yet?  The site doesn't help that much.

What this campaign needs is ORGANIZATION!  I could start designing the first Cataclysm mission for ya' - FREESPACE STYLE! :D