Author Topic: Weapons  (Read 43507 times)

Offline Freespace Freak

• Official forum permanewb
NOTHING is weaker than the Hades' engine subsystem.

I don't think I ever tried that, but it's not like it'd matter much.  You'll still have to sit there for hours reloading 256 times before the thing finally dies.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Heh, that was a quick kill for me since I was using FSPort on SCP, I just put it x66 and pounded away :D. But the Orion can destroy the Hades because all its turrets get disabled. The Hades is really useless actually.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Ah, someone with all the answers...perhaps you'd care to explain how I had a mission where the Hades took down three Demons and five Molochs, then... :p
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
You used the beam-fire sexp at astronomical range maybe? Changed the tables, that sort of thing.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Ah, someone with all the answers...perhaps you'd care to explain how I had a mission where the Hades took down three Demons and five Molochs, then... :p

The Hades can kill 3 Demons? With two BGreens? :wtf:

Perhaps you uberized it?

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Oh Noes! He trashmanized his tables!
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

Perhaps you uberized it?

The Demon has no forward armament worthy of the name. They got killed closing in for a run down the Hades' broadside. I think the last one actually made it far enough it could engage with one of its LReds, but it was down to about 15% hull by that point and the Hades was still fresh.

A Feddie Story

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Ah, I see, the same way the Aeolus can take out the Ravana :p

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
:p That's a losing bet. Ravana has forward armament and its rear set of guns would protect against a close run down its broadside.

The Molochs were sent in at it as a swarm from multiple vectors, but didn't fare well either. People make a lot of the subsystem vunerablity of the Hades, but the subsystem actually has to get hit first. This doesn't happen often with Shivan beams, because they don't slash. A Deimos can render the Hades almost inert rapidly, but a Ravana will find it much more difficult.

A Feddie Story

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Don't beam cannons automatically target subsystems?

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
They automatically target a vertice on the model, IIRC.

A Feddie Story

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Still, the fact that a wing of Medusa's can jump in and disable a Demon killer disturbs me a little.

Offline Freespace Freak

Perhaps you uberized it?

Maybe more like Gooberized it, or Galemperized it, whoever actually did the tables for the FS1 Port.  I noticed in the FS1 ship tables that the Hades in the FSPort doesn't have BGreens, instead it has a SSL Beam.  SSL is short for 'Shivan Super Laser', and if you know anything about the original FS1 tables, the SSL was the weapon that was equipped on the Lucifer, the so-called "flux cannon."  For the FSPort, Galemp and his team must have decided to change the SSL from its original iteration to a type of beam weapon.  It's probably about as powerful as the Sathanas or maybe Collosus beam, and makes the Hades capable of taking on a multitude of ships.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

Perhaps you uberized it?

Maybe more like Gooberized it

:lol:

I noticed in the FS1 ship tables that the Hades in the FSPort doesn't have BGreens, instead it has a SSL Beam.  SSL is short for 'Shivan Super Laser', and if you know anything about the original FS1 tables, the SSL was the weapon that was equipped on the Lucifer, the so-called "flux cannon."  For the FSPort, Galemp and his team must have decided to change the SSL from its original iteration to a type of beam weapon.  It's probably about as powerful as the Sathanas or maybe Collosus beam, and makes the Hades capable of taking on a multitude of ships.

Indeed, but some clarification should be provided.  The SSLBeam is a weapon created by Sesquipedalian that is identical to the Shivan Super Laser in every respect.  Both weapons do 90,000 points of damage per minute, which is about 50% more than the BFGreen according to ZylonBane's Beam FAQ.

We changed the Shivan Super Lasers on both the Lucifer and the Hades to SSLBeams.  However, we increased the number of SSLBeams on the Hades from 2 to 5.  This has no effect on Silent Threat but helps give the Hades better beam coverage for Silent Threat: Reborn.  However, even in ST:R, we try to preserve the original balance by preventing the Hades from firing more than two beams at once.

Offline Freespace Freak

5 SSL beams?  Holy mother of _____!!  :eek:

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Oh Noes! He trashmanized his tables!

I resent that remark! :P

but seriously, have zou come to anz decision regarding weapons? You have a lot of freedom here.
I would suggest improving the Heavy Turrets or making vasudan and terran versions...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Just do what you have to do folks... I wanna see STR out in my lifetime

God that first was one of my first 100 posts I think... I can't believe it isn't buried under the sands of time

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Uh... I have a weapons related question. In the demo release, every time you shoot something you get this really cheesy, stereotypical sound effect, like a ricochet. And it happens every time you shoot something. Now, on a technical point of view, if allll your shots are ricocheting, then you're not really doing much good. From a gameplay standpoint, it's kind of an irritating sound effect, and I was wondering if there's a change planned, so that if there's not, I can replace it with something else.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Heh, I actually don't care for it much either, mostly because one would expect these guns to be firing explosive shells and not solid rounds.  I haven't looked for a replacement yet, however.  If you find something better, post it and let the community decide.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.