Author Topic: Screencap Contest - May 2018  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Axem

Screencap Contest - May 2018
This month's theme is: The Killing Blow

Reveal to us something about to blow up, or is blowing up in the most spectacular fashion possible.

The rules are:
No HUD!
No Bullshots!! (That is, no touching it up in your graphics editor of your choice. The only edit allowed is cropping the image)
Maximum 3 entries per person!!!

Use the screencap script to help you take that perfect shot!

2018 Scoreboard:
niffiwan - 1
Nightmare - 1
CKid - 1
BTA - 1

Re: Screencap Contest - May 2018
Ritual complete  :pimp:

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!

Offline CKid

If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Is it too late?  ;)

Offline Axem

Results tomorrow! Sorry about the delays! Entries still open until results are posted!

Offline Darius

General question about screenshot rules - post processing such as enb and reshade. Are they allowed or do they count as bullshots?

Results tomorrow! Sorry about the delays! Entries still open until results are posted!

Another rule question- are the contests always open as long as the results aren't posted? If yes it could be added to the announcement posts.

Offline Axem

General question about screenshot rules - post processing such as enb and reshade. Are they allowed or do they count as bullshots?

That's a tough call, but I think not allowed. The general idea of the screen cap contest is to showcase the engine and the assets the community has made. While someone could install reshade and get an identical picture, it's not immediately obvious that the engine by itself isn't creating that picture (more of the core reason why editing the picture after the fact is not allowed). (But still post pics like that in the Celebration thread!)

Another rule question- are the contests always open as long as the results aren't posted? If yes it could be added to the announcement posts.

Yes, its always open until I post results. I will make that more clearer next time. :)

Offline Axem

This month (or last month since I'm really late)'s theme was The Killing Blow!

And this month's killer shot was done by... CKid! That amazing Mjolnir annihilating... something that used to be a functioning ship (a Deimos?) really blew me away.

Honorable mentions this month go to everyone else who entered, tomimaki, Destiny and bomb3rman!

The scoreboard is:
CKid - 2
niffiwan - 1
Nightmare - 1
BTA - 1

CKid's taken the lead!! Who can stop him??