Author Topic: 2 New Trailers  (Read 12277 times)

Actually the rapid lasers we had in R1 were too effective against small fry - we got rid of them in favour of about 20 different capship-only weapons for the Terrans alone. Cruisers are armed with the best flak and cluster turrets, while heavy destroyers get long range plasma barrage cannons, multi-torpedo launchers and heavy beams. Corvettes get support weaponry like EMP and energy draining blasters, as well as a few small and AAA beams.

As for the charge of light fighters being too twitchy, it's only a matter of skill. I've had so much practise (from making missions as well as balancing the tables) that killing enemy ships is easy for me. Although you can kill enemy light fighters in a medium one like the Ezechiel, when they're at elite level your chances of getting your ass kicked are an order of magnitude higher. Luckily there'll be no situations where you don't have some equally 'skilled' backup.

Woo I've got a cheap workaround for the backgrounds problems.  Go dig up an older version of thread (I use 6/17 personally) and then find Kazan's mission background utility.  Build the background in the old FRED, save as a temporary file, and then use the background utility's file-to-file copy to get the nice nebula into the new mission.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
We have to use INF builds of FRED, some older ones don't work anymore.

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
Some nice FX in those clips :yes:, even though some may look pixelated. I like the explosive effects particuarly and some of those Shivan vessels look sweet with glowmaps on...  :nod:

Offline mr.WHO

Does GTF Alves is still in inferno?? It is best looking fighter in old R1.

The action takes place in about half a dozen systems which use nebula templates I've already created, so there's no need for anything other than a simple copy and paste of the backgrounds section. :)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by mr.WHO
Does GTF Alves is still in inferno??

Yeah it's still there.

No, no, no, you misunderstand.  The only time you use the older build is to make the background.  After that, you just save the file and bring it up in another version of FRED (the one that won't handle backgrounds) or use the utility to copy the background into another file.

Ah, Sid, didn't know that.  Sorry I couldn't help you guys, but I thought it was worth the attempt.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
To use an old build, I would have to switch directories all the time using the -mod command since R2 tables crash our older INF builds.

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
must...play...Inferno...
*drools*
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.