Author Topic: INF:R1 weapons  (Read 2839 times)

I'm curious about the weaponry in INF:R1. More specifically, the Armageddon Bomb. It seems that no ships are allowed to use it. I've tried with every single bomber, and nothing can carry it.

Someone care to elaborate on this weapon? I mean, the executioner bomb was pretty damn powerful enough (I took 4 wings of bombers armed with executioners and killed the Gigas), but i just wanna see what the Armageddon can do.

Maybe i'll shoot it at a medical frigate.
 :drevil:

ALSO , question 2.

How did you guys manage to create that subspace weapon used by the shivans? (the gigas and that big spidery lookin juggernaut)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
[off-topic]Screenies?[/off-topic]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I mean, the executioner bomb was pretty damn powerful enough (I took 4 wings of bombers armed with executioners and killed the Gigas),

How did you guys manage to create that subspace weapon used by the shivans? (the gigas and that big spidery lookin juggernaut)

Executioner bomb, spidery lookin juggernaut, subspace weapon... I was asking for screenies!  ah, nvm, I'm just being lazy tbh, as I haven't finished the campaign.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Someone care to elaborate on this weapon? I mean, the executioner bomb was pretty damn powerful enough (I took 4 wings of bombers armed with executioners and killed the Gigas), but i just wanna see what the Armageddon can do.

The Armageddon was originally supposed to be used by the GTB Notus and the SOB Wraith superbombers, but those weren't given out in R1. The Armageddon was supposed to be used on the Gigas. Apparently is makes mini blackholes and rips stuff outta the Gigas' hull.

It was simply an invisible beam, with a long warmup time. The beam origin orb thing was the Subspace animation, with the impact explosion being a subspace looking thing. Since there's nothing in between the two points, it looks as if its just looping instead of actually a beam.

Maybe i'll shoot it at a medical frigate.
 :drevil:

I'm sick.

So do you suppose it'd be possible for me to alter the Armageddon Bomb to use it on a different bomber? I mean, if you havent released those bombers, why release the bombs for them? That's just evil teasing  :ick:

Anyway, yea, if u know how i can make the armageddon able for use on a different bomber, let me know

p.s, i made a quick FRED mission and had the Icanus and Gigas fight it out one on one, with 3 friendly wings of bombers using executioner bombs attacking it.

It was a draw ! Icanus and Gigas killed eachother !  :lol: :lol: :lol:

The explosions were going on for over an hour

Not only is it possible, but it is extremely easy. I wanted to try the Armageddons myself so I enabled them on... I think the Jotun. It was really fun killing a Diablo with those things... all by myself (and the support ship)!  :D

(I actually had some serious problems in doing this... but it turned out I'd misspelled "Armageddon", which was the only error.)

Anyway: under ships.tbl, go down to the bomber you want, find the line that reads "Allowed SBanks", and add the Armageddon. There you go.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"