Author Topic: Old INF SCP Status Thread  (Read 52725 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Old INF SCP Status Thread

The interface art is another big aspect of the project that needs to be done.  Things to be done are:

Ship And Weapon Loadout Icons (I want them to be FS1 style outlines - easier to create/modify)
Briefing Icons (Will probably use FS1 style outlines - easier to create/modify)
Uh just use shipchoice3d. If you make icons and loadout images then it has to be turned off, which means that the spinning anis need to be done, and I don't want tacky single frame things for those, so we would have to produce 41 high quality anis which would take several months at least.

You forgot me and Qwer, we've been working on it for longer than anyone else.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
But you're not currently, are you?

BTW, to make FS2 style briefing icons is really easy. You don't even need any skills to do it, you just got to do a bit of image manipulation. First, get a shot of the model in modelview, and greyscale it. Open an old .ani from vanilla FS2 and save one frame. Paste your shot into this frame and save. Any editing should not be done in the saved frame, it should be done in the other file.

See? It's easy.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Until you realised the palette is too messed up since you just pasted it in as it is.

Offline mr.WHO

I know that asking "when INF:SCP will be released" is a stupid question, but may I ask what would be the estimated time of INF:SCP release with current pace and team size?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Until you realised the palette is too messed up since you just pasted it in as it is.

Meh... It worked for me. I'm no artist and I rarely use any art programs ('cept MSPaint :P).

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yeah but your icons aren't very smooth at the edges because no post work is done on the perimeter of the icon.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Because I can't be bothered. You could be bothered. but it doesn't look like you're very bothered. So whatever.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
You forgot the package dimensions.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
My personal aim for INF SCP is to have the MOD released to BETA testers by the Fall 2007 and released to the public by early 2008.  There will not be any new models or weapons, etc.  This current mission set will be the final set and will not be scrapped like previous sets.  Missions from previous sets may be modified for use w/ this set, etc.  We'll keep you posted here.  Also new screenshots will also be posted here.

Ahh the thing about icons is that even if we use the model itself, the primary weapons won't render.  So what I'm thinking is to make individual FS1 style outlines for primaries, missiles, and ships.  Then I'll make non-animated displays for the spinning thingies (like a picture showing dorsal, rostral, and saggital views of the ship on a grid or something).

And as for the names, I only listed those who are currently working on the project.  Although Qwer did contact me awhile back.  :)

- Rampage

Offline Snail

• SC 5
BTW, will the target box have

-EAC Magister
-EAC Eclipse

or will it be

-Magister
-EAC Eclipse

(ie. will they have the prefixes).

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Ahh the thing about icons is that even if we use the model itself, the primary weapons won't render.  So what I'm thinking is to make individual FS1 style outlines for primaries, missiles, and ships.  Then I'll make non-animated displays for the spinning thingies (like a picture showing dorsal, rostral, and saggital views of the ship on a grid or something).
If anis are produced they have to be animated. Single frame things are poorer quality than using the shipcoice3d option.

Offline neoterran

And as for the names, I only listed those who are currently working on the project.  Although Qwer did contact me awhile back.  :)

- Rampage

Well, let's not let that look like any disrespect for Woo, who has surely been the custodian over the long haul. You should really give him an honorary mention out of respect.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well over the past 12 months it's only been me and Qwer working on things...

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
My personal aim for INF SCP is to have the MOD released to BETA testers by the Fall 2007 and released to the public by early 2008.

If I can settle my... "problems", I'll gladly volunteer.

And it probably doesn't matter to you guys, but this might just be the last week of my 3+ month total-freedom holiday. :(
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Well, let's not let that look like any disrespect for Woo, who has surely been the custodian over the long haul. You should really give him an honorary mention out of respect.

Haha yeah.  No disrespect whatsoever.  That was just a list of what's going on right now and who's doing what at the moment.  It's not a list of credits; it's purely practical.  :D  I'm sure it'll change as we get updates.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
We'd like to let you know that 5 missions are now being worked on.  Two of them are done.  Once we complete ten missions or so, I'm thinking of recruiting dedicated FREDders.  So start thinking and planning now b/c w/ your help, INF SCP can and will be out by the end of the year!

Post here and let us know if you're interested in helping out w/ mission design!

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
I'm dedicated FREDer (anyway I can do all tech modding stuff - FREDding, tables, testing and tech descriptions).
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline DarkShadow-

• Machina Terra
Well, I'm interested because Inferno is one of my favourite mods. But I wanna finish Machina Terra first.  ;)
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, isn't 'Eureka!' but rather 'hmm....that's funny.'" Isaac Asimov

Offline neoterran

Thanks for bringing the project some much needed energy rampage, and thanks to woo and sid for taking on new blood
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Glad to see its finally gotten some steam behind it once more. Good things truly come to him who waits... and waits... and waits. :p

Seriously, though, I am happy to see that it is not totally stagnant, and is actively being worked on. Keep it up! :yes:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"