Author Topic: Shivan theory  (Read 8210 times)

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
well yeah i guess, but for some reason i view the lucifer's shield system as being unique. but i doesnt really matter.

unique shields............i don't think so............the usual shields.........but the Lucifer haves 5~6 (how many?, can't remember) reactors to power the shields, that's why they are so strong...

normal shivan vessels have 1 reactor to power the ship...
the Lucifer haves several of them because  it needs to power a gigantic shield...
Developing a FS2 Campaign:
Corruptible, everyone has a price

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
oh i see, so the game engine is programmed to have beams pierce shields no matter how strong they are?

YES!
when i'm hit by the AAA's........my shield is intact, but my hull is completely trashed.......

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
oh i get it now. Could there be a way to have beams not pierce shields. I mean i remeber seeing a weapon that had a "pierce shields" tag on it. If beams have this tag could we just remove it, or is it "hardcoded".

hmmm...you must be wearing some "unique-shield color" glasses when you play FS1 with the Lucifer around....(that was a really bad joke, i think)

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
wut the???? umm im talking about FS2.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Simply tick the -nobeampierce option in the FS2_Open launcher.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Didn't V also say (somewhere...Icefire would know, he knows everything Volition have ever said anywhere, ever - or at least it sometimes seems that way) that the Lucifer was only invulnerable to FS1 era weapons?

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
i wouldnt have a clue. Icefire, we need some help here

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
Originally posted by aldo_14
Didn't V also say (somewhere...Icefire would know, he knows everything Volition have ever said anywhere, ever - or at least it sometimes seems that way) that the Lucifer was only invulnerable to FS1 era weapons?

so shooting at it with prometheus s would not damage it whereas hl-7 would am i rite durrrrrrrr
lol wtf

Offline Kie99

Originally posted by willy_principal
YES!
when i'm hit by the AAA's........my shield is intact, but my hull is completely trashed.......

Funny, almost teh exact opposite happens to me
i.e. My shield goes down but my hull stays intact until the second hit.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"