Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > FreeSpace Conversion

FSPort APNGs

<< < (2/5) > >>

Goober5000:
How did you play them?  I ran them in IrfanView and they appeared to play at normal speed.

EDIT: Well, most of them.  You're right, the starmap ones seemed to play a bit faster.

Trivial Psychic:
I dumped them into the cbanims folder and played them in the mission.

mjn.mixael:
They should play at 15fps, but it's possible I made a mistake on some. Nice to know no one bothered to download that pack in the last 2 years though.

Edit: which anims in particular do you think are incorrect?

Solatar:
I'll admit I saw these at some point, but when I reinstalled all my FSO stuff last year, I saw the "mjn.mixael hi-res cbanims" link with the FSPort and didn't realize that this pack was higher res and more recent (what I get for doing manual installs I guess). If you want an up-to-date fsport, you kind of have to look around the forums to make sure you have the most recent applicable assets, and I somehow missed that these were newer. :nervous:

I don't know how to check the in-game frame rate, but all the cb_starmap01-15 ones are playing twice as fast as the ones in tango_hi3_fs1.vp (I used a stop watch...). I opened up all the missions in the tech room real quick just to check, and I couldn't find a starmap one that didn't display at what appeared to be double framerate. I didn't notice any of the others displaying this behavior, but I missed these for two years, so I could have missed another bugged one also. Using a recent nightly, for what it's worth.

I truly can't tell if the text in the techanim style ones is moving more quickly than retail or not since I'm looking for it, but it'd be trivial if it were. They look great and the actually ships/weapons don't seem to be doing their thing any more quickly.  :p

Nightmare:

--- Quote from: mjn.mixael on May 13, 2020, 10:20:55 pm ---They should play at 15fps, but it's possible I made a mistake on some. Nice to know no one bothered to download that pack in the last 2 years though.

--- End quote ---

2_cb_starmap07 takes about 9 seconds for 185 frames (but that's only an example).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version