Author Topic: FreeSpace Port 3.7 + FSPort Media VPs Release!  (Read 29165 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: FreeSpace Port 3.6 + FSPort Media VPs Release!
Hmm.  I thought I had added the option to download them from the main hall mod on Knossos, but I didn't, and now I remember why.  They're not packaged as VPs, they're loose files.  I'll need to package up the current versions of the main halls, upload them, and add the links to the FSO Installer.

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
I haven't tested this thoroughly, so it may be symptomatic of a larger problem, but Tsunamis are occasionally having trouble acquiring targets. Most of the time they lock and fire okay, but sometimes they report that a target is out of range, even when it clearly isn't. Using the July 3rd nightly.

We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Nothing changed in the Port, so this must be a recent bug.  Can you try the recent stable releases to narrow down when the bug was introduced?

Offline Antares

Nothing changed in the Port, so this must be a recent bug.  Can you try the recent stable releases to narrow down when the bug was introduced?
I haven't been able to reproduce this on FSO 21.2.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That's useful, thanks.

Can you narrow it down using nightly builds between 21.2 (on May 2) and July 3?  Use the binary search method - so start with a nightly around June 2 and work from there.

Offline Antares

Based on my testing, the culprit appears to be the June 24th nightly, which definitely contains the bug; from what I can tell, the June 23rd build does not.

The changelog for that particular nightly shows changes to the weapons and HUD code, so maybe something got borked.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Thanks very much.  Hopefully that should make it easy to track down.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Indeed it did.  Asteroth/Baezon figured it out already:
https://github.com/scp-fs2open/fs2open.github.com/pull/3552

Thanks for reporting the bug, and thanks also for tracking down the nightly build. :yes:

Offline Antares

Would it be possible to rejigger The End to make use of actual debris from a Lucifer as opposed to generic "Shivan debris"? Or would that break stuff? It looks very impressive in Scroll and would fit the ending cinematic well, but it might also, I dunno, kill the player or something.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Have you seen what jumps in behind you?

Offline Antares

I've seen the icon that shows up on the radar, but it's exploding too much to see clearly, and all that's left when it's gone are itty-bitty pieces.  :P

EDIT: To clarify, could it be less this...

... and more this?

« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 01:50:58 am by Antares »

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Would it be possible to rejigger The End to make use of actual debris from a Lucifer as opposed to generic "Shivan debris"? Or would that break stuff? It looks very impressive in Scroll and would fit the ending cinematic well, but it might also, I dunno, kill the player or something.

You can tinker with the $Debris setting for the SD Lucifer in ships.tbl (or make a table variant), however that requires a lot of iterative work to make it just right that could potentially make the work disporpotionate to the effect.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline CT27

The FSPort MVPs have been updated on the FSO Installer and Knossos.  Awakenings, Cardinal Spear, Destiny of Peace, and Shivans! have been updated to use the latest MVPs.

On the Installer, I downloaded these as new campaigns recently.  However, when I looked at the mod.ini, it had the MediaVPs (FSPort and FS2) listed as 4.3 (for example mediavps_43X).  Just to be sure, are these not compatible with the newest MVPs (4.4.X) and I should leave the mod.ini file alone?  Or are they compatible with the 'regular' and FSPort 4.4.x and therefore I can simply change the '3's in the mod.ini to '4's?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
4.3 is what they were last tested with, but they should also be compatible with 4.4.  You can change the 3's to 4's.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I see we're up to 4.5 compatibility.  Good Job!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Antares

Crossposting from FS Open Support, Italian language translation is potentially broken.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Thanks, I finally had time to investigate and responded on that thread.

Offline Antares

In some missions, the default music track sometimes fails to play, leaving you coasting in silence until something happens to change the track. I've had this happen in "Last Hope" and "The Wait," but I haven't been able to reliably reproduce it; I thought it might have something to do with the timer changes made in the January 3 nightly.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It should not have anything to do with those timer changes.

I've noticed this before (prior to January 3) but haven't been able to reproduce it reliably myself.  Pausing and unpausing will fix it.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
It seems to be working properly in the Jan 5th build, but not in 6th and 7th.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!