Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844272 times)

Offline mr.WHO

"special Nemesis upgrade class"  ??     :yes: ;7  :yes:

It will be an additional mod or part of R2/3?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
If I bother to finnish it, it would go in the archives.

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
GACK! *Chokes on food*

Man, I got to remember Rule #37 -- Never eat while browsing images on this website.   ;)

Excellent work guys!  :nod:

Oh yeah, I've heard of a Shivan weapon called the Baalor...
Any chance we could see some screens of that in action...?
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Baalor is only used by the Durja, and I think it only shows up in the final mission...

Offline Tyrian

So that would make the Baalor a torpedo...?
Or some type of bomber-specific heavy cannon?

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It's a cannon, the Shivan bombs are Osyluth, Hamatula, Amnizu and Tarrasque.

Offline Tyrian

How powerful is it?
I.E.: What would happen if a fighter was hit by it?
Would it be like the instant kill of a Anti-Capital beam that happens every once and a while?  :mad:

Sig rising...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Most of our weapons pack quite a punch, if it hits you you'll be knocked around a bit. It depends on what ship your flying though. A bomber like the Jotun doesn't get knocked by much.
Our fighterbeams don't penetrate shields and don't instantly kill you. Though light fighters may have trouble against the more powerful Shivan variants.

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
Maybe some Ancients stuff? ;)
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Hmm ok one screenshot

It's from an older build I was using for debugging, it show an ancient cruiser about to get hit by a load of bombs.

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
What is that big, ugly, gold thing on background :wtf:

Offline mr.WHO

What is the purpose of this gate extension? Cheaper, less powerful alternative to Melia??

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well the Melia is at least 8x larger than the extension. I don't think the GTVA would build one of those at every node they want to have a look through.

Offline mr.WHO

So Ancients subspace technology is used in that way:

Melia- Sol node, in fututre some strategic outer rim nodes

Gate extension- outer rim nodes, some weak core wolds nodes (I can imagine some political bull**** of goverment about "We're proud to anounce that new highway... em I mean new stable node has been open to civilian traffic, now you can go from system X to system Y in one jump instead of two"  :D

Odin- beyond outer rim assault

Neptune- beyond outer rim recon/exploration.

I wonder what would Ancienst say during first contact.
Ancient ship crew: sir, we have an incoming jump signature, it looks like one of ours, but... 5000 years old :D

BTW Now it looks like Terrans have a monopoly for jump drives/ships/gates that allow to travel via unstable nodes.
(Listen you stupid fish looking creature,if you wanna fly through my gate you have to pay. VAsudans be damned  :D

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well you don't build the big expensive one when you don't know what's on the other side. Don't want a Melia being captured or destroyed by something as it would cost a lot more to rebuild it. The extension can be built faster for a fraction of the cost.

I haven't decided what ships would encounter the Ancients first, but I doubt an Odin would be one of them.

I did try a Vasudan knossos extension for the Cairo once, but it looked really stuipid.

Offline mr.WHO

I did try a Vasudan knossos extension for the Cairo once, but it looked really stuipid

Dunno why but I smiled when I read that (no I'm not NTF member).

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Here's the first of a bunch of large shipyard pics:
Terran Shipyard

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
EA shipyard

Vasudan one will be posted tommorow. Our old Cairo extension is too small for the new Vasudan stuff so I had to make a new one.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Vasudan shipyard

Well we don't really have any Shivan docking facilities, but I'll see what I can out together using the Arachnas.