Author Topic: Advanced fred questions  (Read 1351 times)

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
Advanced fred questions
Just 2 questions I could need a little help with.

1. Is there a way (and if there is) how do I limit the controls of the player ship.  I want to enable the player ship to thrust left and right and fire, but not to be able to use other controls like speed, pitch, turn, afterburner etc  just left n right thrust and fire.  any ideas?

2. Is it possible to have a passive asteroid field with X number of asteroids, when all these asteroids are destroyed It would be able to return an event to true?

Cheers  ;)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Re: Advanced fred questions
Just 2 questions I could need a little help with.
1. Is there a way (and if there is) how do I limit the controls of the player ship.  I want to enable the player ship to thrust left and right and fire, but not to be able to use other controls like speed, pitch, turn, afterburner etc  just left n right thrust and fire.  any ideas?

Only thing I can think of is telling Alpha 1 to use AI control and to play dead, then using key-pressed to create your own crude control system. Using sexps to change the ship position.

2. Is it possible to have a passive asteroid field with X number of asteroids, when all these asteroids are destroyed It would be able to return an event to true?

No they regenerate. You could use create-ship in conjunction with random numbers to create ships at random locations though. Then possibly use a sexp that returns the percentage of a ship class destroyed to detect when 100% of the asteroids have been destroyed. This is all theoretical and a bit dodgy.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.