Author Topic: Physics ?  (Read 2761 times)

as we all might have noted there is a fair degree of "pushing" present in HW.

this comes to show whenever a fighter takes a hit from a high mass projectile (MS guns, missile or something with a estimated mass above 150,000 tons =]) will you incorprate this ? i whould imagne a fighter going out of control if its hit by a Projectile about the size of itself... if it survive that is :nod:
Part time IX'er

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Well, I sent Thorn something on that (for the Acolyte, supposed to make it do that, and more) but he never got back to me on it.

Offline Pera

• Tapper
Yep, I know all that. Only problem is that in FS2 it's really annoying that whenever you try to fly straight and aim at an enemy, he shoots at you, your ships goes spinning out of control and you lose your aim. For AI ships, this doesn't seem to affect their aim a bit :(

Of course, it could be done, but only for the heaviest weapons.
One is never alone with a rubberduck - Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy

The Apocalypse Project

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Ahhh...if you want, I could fix that, just a simple matter of one of the variables, just send the .tbl to this e-mail: [email protected]

lol draggin up the small errors or ? :D
Part time IX'er

Offline Pera

• Tapper
Ok, perhaps I didn't explain clearly enough. Our fighter rail guns fire real quickly, just like machine guns in space, so that whenever an enemy is firing at you, every single hit throws your ship around a little, making it completely impossible to aim at anything. BUT, for larger, slow firing weapons this might be possible, USS alexander is the one who ultimately decides it, but the idea is good.
One is never alone with a rubberduck - Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy

The Apocalypse Project

Offline USS Alexander

• I 0wn TAP
    • http://www.ngproductions.nl
Yeah for the guns mounted at the capital ship[s it's a good idea, but for the mass drivers on the fighters not, our md fires also like in homeworld about 2 rounds a second so that make your ship uncontrolable if someone is firing at you.
icq 127261564
www.ngproductions.nl
Tapping I3****

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
If you like being knocked around, go play with the morning star....

i wasent thinkin about Fighter guns guys.

its logics that those things wont affect a fighter much anyway (besides makeing holes of course)
Part time IX'er

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
Yes, the big guns will send you flying...