Author Topic: POF exporter for MAX - Need people with MAX 4, 5 and 6 for testing  (Read 282634 times)

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
POF exporter for MAX - Need people with MAX 4, 5 or 6 for testing
Yup. It has its own file structure, which is simply translated to the POF format by a write method. It would be a matter of making different write methods.
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
NB: could someone give me a copy of the user properties for a glowpoint please? (I can't load the ref scene)

Are there any plans to bring this fabulous pluggin to 3dsmax 7?

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
C'mon, please fix it so it works with Max 5 right!

Agreed.  Is there anyone who has a working plug-in version for Max 5+?  I'm going to need someone to convert my mod into a usable model for FS2, and my plug-in don't work...
The big cool ship...

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
Well, it obviously works with MAX 6, because it converts the test mesh no problem. It just refuses to convert MY mesh. Bah. I must be doing something wrong.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Request; can we have something added in to set the viewpoint?  It's not mentioned in the readme atall, modelview won't save and PCS doesn't like me.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I'd like to make it known that the Max6 plugin will work perfectly (As perfectly as it can, that is) under Max 7
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
I'd like to whine somemore so people fix it so it works with Max 5 properly.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Originally posted by xenthorious

This is the most recent post which also contains a link via ftp to the most recent plug-in I can find.  It does not work.  To add, this post came before other posts (eg. deepblue's post) which indicate I am not the only one having this problem.  If there is another release of this plug-in and it's more recent, please provide a URL.  Thanks a bunch.

And I'm not the only one with the problem.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
There is no newer version than the one in the very first page.

However, I just added a large bit of info to the wiki concerning the plugin. So if you are having trouble, try reading the wiki info and see if it helps. :)

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
I doubt anything in the wiki would help. My problem seems to be unique to a few (read 2) max 5 users. I'll take a look anyway though.

Why are we supporting so many different versions of Max when there are a few that need resolve first?  Isn't this known as scope creeping?  There is quite a few users who use Max5 and can not get it working with the plug in.  Max is a lot of money in cost.  Why support so many high end version when it is more so then likely that users will have older versions? It seems pointless.  Yeh, it also cool and maybe even fun, but scope creeping undermines the objectives to why a plug-in would be made.

In a nut shell, HELP US ALREADY!  :lol:
The big cool ship...

Originally posted by Raa
There is no newer version than the one in the very first page.

However, I just added a large bit of info to the wiki concerning the plugin. So if you are having trouble, try reading the wiki info and see if it helps. :)

If you read back a bit, some posts I made  shows that I have already sucessfully installed plug-ins used for the Neverwinter Nights Game, allowing models to be installed into the Aurora Toolkit.  Bluntly speeking, installing your plug-ins should not be any different.  Dispite this however, I have gone through all the documentation offered and verified that a problem is present.  All URL's refering to pictures (errors) leading from my FTP should still be in my posts.  Please review them.
The big cool ship...

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Why are we supporting so many different versions of Max when there are a few that need resolve first?  Isn't this known as scope creeping?  There is quite a few users who use Max5 and can not get it working with the plug in.  Max is a lot of money in cost.  Why support so many high end version when it is more so then likely that users will have older versions? It seems pointless.  Yeh, it also cool and maybe even fun, but scope creeping undermines the objectives to why a plug-in would be made.

In a nut shell, HELP US ALREADY!  :lol:

Probably because the vast majority of modders don't actually pay for their Maxs? ;)
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
Well, i agree that you should focus on getting the plugin working for one version of max first (Max4) and once that has been verified to be working for at lest 90% of users, begin work on the next version (Max5). Or even durring the development of the Max5 plugin, fixes could be implemented into the max4 one.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Let me guess. You have Max 4 right? :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards

If you read back a bit, some posts I made  shows that I have already sucessfully installed plug-ins used for the Neverwinter Nights Game, allowing models to be installed into the Aurora Toolkit.  Bluntly speeking, installing your plug-ins should not be any different.  Dispite this however, I have gone through all the documentation offered and verified that a problem is present.  All URL's refering to pictures (errors) leading from my FTP should still be in my posts.  Please review them.

I'm sorry, but I will not go hunting through 300 posts to find your problem. Either quote what the problem is, or link to the post directly.

I don't know what trouble you are having with the plugin. (I also am not the one who made it) But, all you have to do is place the plugin in the 3dmaxN/plugins/ directory. If/when you get the error message at startup, all you have to do is click Customize -> Plugin Manager...  find the plugin, right click, and select 'load'.

It really is that simple.

Offline i90r

The plugi-in does NOT show in the plug-in manager so you can not load it

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Unfortunately Raa, the "pofexp.dll failed to initialize" error isn't solvable through the plugin manager in any way, shape or form.  It won't load, period, and no matter how many times we're told to try a different approach.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM