Author Topic: Red Faction 3?!  (Read 6832 times)

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/761/761214p1.html

In a conference call with investors, THQ CEO Brian Farrell revealed a number of previously unannounced sequels.

When asked to list the six key franchises would be the focus of THQ's 2008 fiscal year, Farrell stated: "Saints Row, Stuntman, which will be released this year, Juiced, which is a sequel to the product we launched a couple years ago, Destroy All Humans, MX, and my favorite, Red Faction."

Eeeeenterting. The first Red Faction was great, the second...well, I finished it out of loyalty to Volition. But the inclusion of two V games on the list, Saints Row and Red Faction, may, just may, indicate that they're getting some of their mojo back. Oh, go ahead and sneer, you grizzled old cynics, but I, for one, chose to see this in a positive light. Could it perhaps lead to....bigger thing down the road?

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Could it perhaps lead to....bigger thing down the road?

*gasp* You mean.... Summoner 3? :p
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

rofl.  Let's hope...
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

Offline Sarafan

• No Title

But the inclusion of two V games on the list, Saints Row and Red Faction, may, just may, indicate that they're getting some of their mojo back.

Actually, make that 3 V games, they're doing a sequel for Omikron as well. :nod:

The first one was ground breaking. It had such a level of destruction in it. If i found a door i couldnt get around, i just blew explosions to get around it. The AI was alright too, but the environment is what made it.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Actually, make that 3 V games, they're doing a sequel for Omikron as well. :nod:
Eh? Omikron's a Quantic Dream game.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title

Eh? Omikron's a Quantic Dream game.

Oh ***, my mistake! :nervous:

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
More money for Volition might mean more money for them to do "pet projects".
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
More money for Volition might mean more money for them to do "pet projects".

No... don't say it!!  :eek2:

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de
you just had to bring it up, didn't you, cp?
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Ah, but you see, I never mentioned FS3. I merely alluded to possible projects of an general nature which we would all welcome dearly. Is it wrong for me to hope for Summoner 3 or Punisher 2?

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Ah, but you see, I never mentioned FS3. I merely alluded to possible projects of an general nature which we would all welcome dearly. Is it wrong for me to hope for Summoner 3 or Punisher 2?

Yes.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

We're going to have to perform an exorcism here.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
It is good to see Volition doing well, whether it means what you people are getting all fussy about, or if it means they might make some ****ING PC RELEASES some time soon.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=72617

Horror and confusion in the land of THQ! Reports over the weekend suggested that the company was set to resurrect the likes of Red Faction, and produce further sequels to Destroy All Humans and MX - all courtesy of a conference call involving CEO Brian Farrell.

Not so, GameSpot has since concluded. As it turns out, CEO Farrell did list six games, including the above, as "six franchises which have reached the million-unit mark", but had merely described this fact as one of "three important takeaways" for investors.

In other words, there's no confirmation of whether further games are planned or in development, or whether Farrell was simply using THQ's past success as a handy benchmark by which investors might judge their worth.

As for what did come out of THQ's latest financial calls - there was confirmation that WWE wrestling will return in 2008 on Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP and DS, along with news that the latest Stuntman game will be subtitled "Ignition".

Expect to here more about all that in the coming months.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
If anything, this is bad news. THQ are getting V to do games in two of the most popular genres of the current Video game era - FPS and Free Roaming Crime. Unfortunately for us, that's not the kind of environment you approach your boss looking for backing to do a sequel for a game that sold poorly, into a market that has largely dried up.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Maybe they could make a 2D scrolling shooter for *draws breath* Xbox Live Arcade *phew* or something :)

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
didnt Derek Smart buy the rights to FreeSpace 3 a while back?
I hate My signature!

Offline Roanoke

didnt Derek Smart buy the rights to FreeSpace 3 a while back?

no. he blew a load of hot air, declared himself an "alpha male" and disappeared into the ether.