Author Topic: Raider Wars: first mission bug?  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Raider Wars: first mission bug?
Hi,

I'm playing the first mission of Raider Wars, and my first task is to save the Evenstar transport from attack. The only problem is, the transport is destroyed long before I can get to it. It usually dies when I'm still 4k away, even if I boost at full speed from the beginning of the mission. It blows up at about the 0:25 mark in the mission. The fact that the Evenstar dies in the middle of "pre-combat" radio dialogue with the raider pilots makes it extra fishy.

It seems to me that the raiders start much too close to the Evenstar, or something like that.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a known bug, and is there a fix somewhere?

I'm running TBP 3.4b, downloaded from the main website last week. Very much plain-vanilla install here.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Raider Wars: first mission bug?
Stick to playing on easy or medium.  RW was never debugged on higher difficulty levels resulting in the problem you are experiencing. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras