Author Topic: ATTENTION: IRC Meeting to discuss future of the SWC  (Read 4099 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
ATTENTION: IRC Meeting to discuss future of the SWC
OK, I've talked to goober a bit and he mentioned that having a IRC meeting wouldn't be a bad idea, so I'm going to go ahead and try to assemble something.  First of all, I've already created and registered a public room on the same IRC server as the HLP uses (Espernet, chocobo.esper.net/6667) in #scp-swc.  This could change if it's misleading but I thought it would work fine.  Now, I'll be in there quite a bit myself, although not always around to respond.

Now, the meeting.  I'd like anyone who's ever done any work, or has access to any created work, or who has directly contributed to this project in the past and would like to lend a bit of experience come to the meeting.  Actually, if you even just want to lend a hand in the future, or have a few ideas, I'd like to see you there too.  I'm fairly new to the HLP forums but I've been playing FSO for quite some time, and periodically checked around on the SWC, never noticing much changing.  Well, I'd like to get that done.  I want to coordinate what we have, and get some sort of release going, but I can't do this on my own.  I need a few minutes of time from anyone who's done anything so far.  I think getting everyone together in one place to discuss what we currently can get access to, ways of working with the IA mod, and how to best get the community to take notice in this mod.  I'd like to have this meeting as soon as Wednesday or Thursday night, but if enough people don't take notice it might have to wait until next week.

Please post your thoughts on a time that you'd be able to make it to the meeting if you would like to be able to participate.

One last thing.  Why a meeting you ask?  Well, there's a lot of information on the forums, but many of the thoughts and situations are somewhat old, and a bit scattered.  I want a fresh perspective on things, and I want to make it clear that I intend to do whatever I can to get people interested in this mod again.  I also want to know who is actually still around, and if I'm going to dedicate my time to this project I want to make sure there's still a project to dedicate it to.

Thanks for reading this, and hope to see you there.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Re: ATTENTION: IRC Meeting to discuss future of the SWC
Day and time?
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Like I said, whenever people reply to this that they could make it.  If no one can make it tomorrow night, it's looking like sometime next week.  Probably next Wednesday or Thursday.

Edit:  By tomorrow night, that's for me, in CST time zone.  I'm looking at some time between 6 and 10pm CST.  If no one can make it I'll move it back to possibly Friday night, or more likely the following week, on either Monday night, Wednesday or Thursday.  So if you're interested in one of those times, or can't make one, reply below for all to see :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 02:47:01 pm by chief1983 »
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Ok, I'm thinking Monday evening, the 15th, 7pm CST would be a time I'd like to try to get everyone together.  If that just doesn't work for you at all, mention it here or forever hold your peace.

Offline Dysko

Ok, I'm thinking Monday evening, the 15th, 7pm CST would be a time I'd like to try to get everyone together.  If that just doesn't work for you at all, mention it here or forever hold your peace.
CST means GMT -6, right? If the meeting is at 7 PM then, it would be at 2 AM here, so I won't be able to take part :(
As I already said, I volounteer for tabling, static CB ANIs, probably briefing icons and loading screens (but for the load screens I am having a lot of problems now :mad:). I am also trying to learn 3DS Max.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You should post a new thread, with the date and time in the title, and I'll sticky it. :)

Offline Topgun

I am good any day but Thursday. and yes I know I have not submitted anything yet but I am almost done on the first tie.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Check the original post date, chief. :p

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
:necro:

Yeah, this was at the bottom of the page for a reason...

Offline Topgun

Check the original post date, chief. :p

Doh! I am late for everything!