Hosted Projects - Standalone > WoD Archive

RELEASE - Wings of Dawn: Stranded

<< < (37/39) > >>

Spoon:
Cool, thanks :)

I put Axem and Droid on the proofreading case and they did found a bunch of things that I corrected before release. But things will always slip through one way or an other.

Dark Hunter:

--- Quote from: Spoon on January 10, 2013, 09:26:10 pm ---I put Axem and Droid on the proofreading case and they did found a bunch of things that I corrected before release. But things will always slip through one way or an other.

--- End quote ---

No kidding.  :p

Lorric:
 :lol:

Poor Spoon.

Ravenholme:

--- Quote from: Spoon on January 10, 2013, 09:26:10 pm ---Cool, thanks :)

I put Axem and Droid on the proofreading case and they did found a bunch of things that I corrected before release. But things will always slip through one way or an other.

--- End quote ---

Well, if you ever feel that you want a 4th opinion, toss me some scripts and I'll look over them, and maybe get the girlfriend too as well (She's Hungarian, but her English is excellent, and she tends to be far more meticulous about English than I am).

redsniper:
Better late than never...

Oh, and this has been out long enough that I'm going to drop spoils like a mofo. I mean if you haven't played it yet, why are you even reading this far in the thread? Anyhow...

Stranded was a solid mini-campaign. Like the Homesick of Dawn to the main WoD campaign's more conventional style. I'm a big fan of the Homesick/Sync style since I think having the smaller more personal SPACE ADVENTURE! kind of stories makes a nice change of pace from the usual grandiose interstellar war stories, and getting to have such an adventure in the WoD-verse was a nice treat. So, in no particular order...

1. I got TRUE END playing on Easy. Spoiler:Trans-species double dinner date, WOO! :pimp:I normally play on Medium, but had to drop down to Easy for WoD, so I went ahead and stuck with that for Stranded, which I think was a good call because...

2. Fighting Liuzqo and his pal at the end was INTENSE. Taking a cue from Transcend and having a non-targetable, non-radar-showing-up boss fight made for a nice finale. Thank the Winged Ones it wore off after he got damaged a bit, or I would have been deaded instead of just stranded. Also, I like how he called Sylphia "knife-eared," that was a nice touch.

3. Speaking of Sylphia, while having a pair of sexy space babes as wingmates would probably seem contrived in most settings, in WoD it feels like par for the course :p. That said, I never quite got romantic vibes from them, more like comrades-in-arms you might have a shot with later. But then, I've never been accused of being perceptive about this stuff IRL nor do I have much experience with VN style stories, so hey.

4. I loved the custom post-pro settings, gave everything a vibrant appearance and really enhanced the anime feel. I also thought the new Ray textures looked slick (maybe they were just for the Command model? idk), and the interior drawings for the story sections impressed me too. Kudos if you drew those yourself Spoon, and if not well.... nothing wrong with repurposing art... :nervous:
Character portraits were top notch too. It's convenient that Silver lost her helmet and every other helmet in the universe too. :D

tl;dr - Stranded was a good time and if this is even sort of the direction WoD is going, then I'm excited. :yes:

EDIT: Oh, and Sylphia handwaving the convenient secret Cyrvan base was golden.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version