Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > Cross-Platform Development

FS2 on arm

<< < (3/3)

AdmiralRalwood:
Might be worth trying to compile a newer version of OpenAL Soft?

Steel01:
Well, it doesn't break anything ingame for me, so no big deal. Just makes asan impossible to use. Maybe I'll try again after I update to Fedora 22 when it releases.

A no-so-update on the real thread topic. I haven't yet taken time to do more research on this. In a couple months, Nvidia is releasing the successor to my tablet as a console. With USB ports, Bluetooth, gig Ethernet, and all, this could be a pretty sweet TV setup for games like fs2. I'm hoping someone can get Linux booting on it as easily as it was on the tablet. Then I'll be looking a lot more seriously at making this run. In between porting cyanogen and multirom and the works...

Steel01

rsaxvc:
What you're running into is an alignment fault. This happens if you try to access a pointer whose address modulo that types alignment requirements is not zero. IIRC, C/C++ call this undefined behaviour, Intel patched it in hardware forever ago, ARM setups commonly patched it in the fault handler( but yours doesn't), and newer ARMs can do it in hardware.

For portability and performance we should fix it wherever it is. Ran into the same thing on Solaris/SPARC.

That compiler flag tells the compiler not to generate any unaligned accesses as optimizations, but devs can goof up with casting still.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version