Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > Test Builds

64-bit Windows builds

(1/6) > >>

AdmiralRalwood:
AVX: http://deviance.duckish.net/downloads/fs2_open_AVX_x64.7z
SSE2: http://deviance.duckish.net/downloads/fs2_open_SSE2_x64.7z

Don't try running these through the launcher; it will almost certainly crash.
You can run them directly instead; as long as you've used the launcher to launch a regular 32-bit build before, it should have cmdline_fso.cfg already set up and ready to go.

I get an error about vcruntime140.dll being missing:
Install the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable.

I get an error saying "unable to start correctly 0xc0000007b":
Not sure what causes this; all I can say is to Google it and try stuff. If you manage to fix it, let us know what you did.

What the heck are these?
These builds are 64-bit builds of FreeSpace Open. 64-bit builds have been possible for non-Windows systems for a while, but current master can't build x64 builds for Windows (for various reasons). These builds are based on Antipodes by way of m!m's cmake branch. No code changes were done to make them compile; Antipodes doesn't have the same x64-related problems as current master. However, these builds don't have text-to-speech or voice recognition (and I made no attempt to build FRED, either).

Try these builds. Let us know what happens. These might become the new standard in the future.

Fury:
Haven't tried these builds, but I'll just give my :yes:.

m!m:

--- Quote from: AdmiralRalwood on November 09, 2015, 10:07:47 pm ---... No code changes were done to make them compile ...

--- End quote ---
Well, that's not entirely true :nervous:. Current master has some type issues that just happen to work because the sizes match. I fixed those but nothing more.

AdmiralRalwood:

--- Quote from: m!m on November 10, 2015, 03:00:01 am ---
--- Quote from: AdmiralRalwood on November 09, 2015, 10:07:47 pm ---... No code changes were done to make them compile ...

--- End quote ---
Well, that's not entirely true :nervous:. Current master has some type issues that just happen to work because the sizes match. I fixed those but nothing more.

--- End quote ---
I made no code changes to make them compile. :P

The E:
There are two code changes that need to be made in code.lib to make it compile, one to fix endianness detection, the other to fix a line in the call stack eval code; FRED has a few more lines that need looking at.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version