Author Topic: HLP YouTube channel  (Read 26113 times)

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Re: HLP YouTube channel
There are two things that I'd want to mention.

1. @MjnMixael: I perfectly understand your standpoint here. Of course, you want your videos to be yours, since it's important for your work and promotion of your skills. But not everyone has got such worries - I can imagine that some random Freespace player who would be able to make such a playthrough video series wouldn't necessarily need this minor amount of views FSO video get and probably wouldn't even want to bloat his channel with this (or create one especially for this). Like, for example, Colt. Basically, if people want to upload their videos directly to HLP's channel - let them! Of course there should be a mention of who made the videos in descriptions.

2. Youtube allows you to create many different playlists (like most channels there do) and they also let you link to other channels' videos in them. This is pretty often used by content creators who make collab series once in a while, if videos are split between channels both channels include all of them in their playlists. Besides, I'd say that using the "liked videos" playlist is considered not professional at best.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
1. @MjnMixael: I perfectly understand your standpoint here. Of course, you want your videos to be yours, since it's important for your work and promotion of your skills. But not everyone has got such worries - I can imagine that some random Freespace player who would be able to make such a playthrough video series wouldn't necessarily need this minor amount of views FSO video get and probably wouldn't even want to bloat his channel with this (or create one especially for this). Like, for example, Colt. Basically, if people want to upload their videos directly to HLP's channel - let them! Of course there should be a mention of who made the videos in descriptions.

I did not say to disallow this. If someone wants to do that, fine. I'm saying it should be outside the scope of the channel to solicit it. There was talk of finding other's Let's Play series or other FS work and move them to the HLP channel... of trying to make the HLP channel the the place for FS video content. I'm just saying that's the wrong way to go about it.  I would nuance more what the channel should be. Instead of being "the place to find FS video content" it would be more "the place to find video content that promotes HLP's work".
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Does YT reward it when you're just hosting playlists on your channel (not money or clicks, but preference in their search algorithm)?

Hey All,
I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but I decided to take this 'HLP YouTube Channel' thing kinda two-fold: One, to actually poke around YouTube and see what kind of content I'd like to see that YouTube is lacking and two, to give me the opportunity to play a new FS campaign myself! (or one that I just hadn't played in a while...)

And you know, it's been a looong time since anyone's uploaded any Transcend gameplay.
This:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCDRygu5whY
is the best I could find for Transcend Gameplay and holy **** does it look bad.

So I did a thing. Behold:

I made a complete playthrough of Transcend on Hard difficulty, recorded at 70Mbit/s, 60FPS 1080P with all the wonderful graphical goodies enabled. I took the liberty of editing all of the missions and briefings into 8 episodes (trans coded H.264 master quality), mostly to remove all of the times I died playing...

So I don't have a youtube channel myself and would have no issues providing these for the HLP youtube channel. I guess Iain if you want me to send you a link to download (nearly 45GB!), let me know.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Hey All,
I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but I decided to take this 'HLP YouTube Channel' thing kinda two-fold: One, to actually poke around YouTube and see what kind of content I'd like to see that YouTube is lacking and two, to give me the opportunity to play a new FS campaign myself! (or one that I just hadn't played in a while...)

And you know, it's been a looong time since anyone's uploaded any Transcend gameplay.
This:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCDRygu5whY
is the best I could find for Transcend Gameplay and holy **** does it look bad.

So I did a thing. Behold:

I made a complete playthrough of Transcend on Hard difficulty, recorded at 70Mbit/s, 60FPS 1080P with all the wonderful graphical goodies enabled. I took the liberty of editing all of the missions and briefings into 8 episodes (trans coded H.264 master quality), mostly to remove all of the times I died playing...

So I don't have a youtube channel myself and would have no issues providing these for the HLP youtube channel. I guess Iain if you want me to send you a link to download (nearly 45GB!), let me know.

Nice! Yep, send the link/s and I'll upload them. Perhaps we can create a 'HLP Plays...' playlist, and this can be the debut play-through.

Probably best to send the links one or two at a time and I'll get them uploaded over the course of a week - I have started a full time adult education course so my free time is limited to a few hours in the evening at the moment.
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Mmmmm, that's really nice. Just as I thought, there are people that would happily "donate" their videos to the HLP channel.

I just want to compliment your work, Techno.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Thanks for the kind-hearted donation! :)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Great!

Now the Transcendent is loose on Youtube :shaking:  :shaking: :shaking: :shaking:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
I can't wait to watch them.  I wish my rig was better.  I would want to upload a playthrough of Bem Cavalgar. *grumble grumble*

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Video links have been sent to Iain. Hopefully you all should be able to view my less than impressive aim soon!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
On Discord, Darius pointed out this guy's Solaris playthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1--Xey0Rfk-NZBMfhxiHZ7X9tEsL7hQ_

There are a bunch of other playthroughs on his channel too.

Offline starlord

Any news on that transcend long play? I’d love to see it.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Any news on that transcend long play? I’d love to see it.

I'm uploading the first video as we speak. It looks like each video will take several hours to upload, so I'll do one or two a day. That should have them all uploaded by weeks end :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Finally some content~

Offline starlord

Sweet. Many thanks.

Any chance of doing other campaigns? Synk comes to mind...

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
First video is live :-)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.

Neat.

Meanwhile, I would like to request these two playlists being linked:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWRVvhjcnlx3ehcW5pODBuQkuqi9iDRf9

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWRVvhjcnlx3N9RtaYhdmqIpsyROO21_K
(as soon as its live on Knossos, which should be this week)

Both are 99% identical to the "finished product" on Knossos.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline starlord

Another idea of campaign long play would be scroll.

Fine fine~

Another idea of campaign long play would be scroll.

Would be nice to see, too. :nod: