Author Topic: Post retail or gameplay bugs here!  (Read 52837 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Post errors/bugs/problems here!
The first is an error that you're probably already aware of... the second is a question.

I've noticed that for some reason FS2 wants to make the Cyclops#Short bomb the weapon to use rather than the standard version, even though the #short doesn't have the flag to allow the player to use it.  Has anyone managed to account for this error, and are there any plans to rectify it in later releases, beyond adding the #short to the required ship's table file?

Speaking of weapons, are you planning on altering the weapons table file to remove all that comment stuff like you've done with the ships table file in 2.2?

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
This is an error in GE's ships.tbl, which should have been fixed in this release. :rolleyes: Extract weapons.tbl and add the "player allowed" flag to it for a quick fix.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
aaaaaarrrrrrgggghhh

I never should have touched the cyclops#short.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Are the fs1 media files actually hosted on fileplanet?  I've tried dling them multiple times and it always gives me a 404 saying that the file can't be found. :mad:

I've played through a lot of the port and it looks really good, and the media files would make it even better. :(

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
They should be. You tried the links on the Download page and they don't work?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Have you fixed the Vasudan Ace Bug in The Field of Engagement?  I can only play against the Ace in Hard Level, and it is HARD.  I would prefer to play the ace in easy or medium.

Game exits instead of starting mission
Having a problem with "Failure to Communicate" (fs1a3m03.fs2). The briefing plays, but when I click 'commit' the game exits. It doesn't show the loading screen, or display any error message.

I'm using the retail version of FS2, version 1.20 with fsport2_1 and fsp2_2.vp. No other mods are installed. Any ideas?

Great port BTW :D

Edit: Corrected .vp names in interests of clarity
« Last Edit: November 02, 2003, 12:36:56 pm by 1511 »

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I'm getting the same problem.  Someone mentioned discussing it with one of the Port team members and was told to ask in the SCP forum.  I made my own post onto that thread citing what my symptoms were.  We were both using SCP, though slightly different builds.  I tried switching back to Retail but I keep getting an Out-of-memory message, even though I've done a clean boot and shut down all unncessary programs before playing.  I can only assume that the problem has somthing to do with the 2.2 additions, since no new version of this mission was added with 2.2 so something in 2.2 must be reacting with this mission to produce the error.  If LuckyStrike is using Retail and got the same bug, it has to be with 2.2 and not with SCP.

Later!

Nice one, I can confirm that the problem is with 2.2. Removing 2.2  from the directory (or changing the suffix) fixes the problem.

Thanks for the quick reply TP :yes:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I think I've narrowed the problem down to the new ships table file.  After disableing the 2.2 VP, I extracted the new ships table file and tried the mission, and the same bug occured.  My guess is that something in the new table file is incompatable with that mission in its current 2.1 incarnation.  Also, after trying the mission several times after initially disabling 2.2, I found that under SCP, no matter how easy I made the difficulty level, or what tactic I employed, I could not protect the science cruiser (Beta Acquilae Communications Terminal).  Since SCP was giving the Shivans a smarter AI, I decided to even up the odds, and give the Terminal a ship-guardian sexp so it would survive.  At least I can move on to the next mission, but I know... I was naughty and cheeted. :p

Later!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
All download links have been fixed.  The media should be available again.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
The mission 'Playing Judas' refuses to work for me. I get near to the docking bay, but nothing happens.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Fly near the Lucifer's arms.  This is a bug.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Hmm, the mission 3m03 "A Failure to Communicate" simply crashes when I commit to the mission. Any ideas?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
None at the moment.  But I'll try re-playing the campaign and seeing what's up.

Offline Silent Warrior

• My thoughts go where no one knows to tread.
Another thing I've noticed: Some missions containing the Eva and/or Lucifer crash the moment they jump in. After wiggling my fingers at ships.tbl, I noticed it worked perfectly again when I changed Enginesound 204 to 176 (176 was used for the Ravana). I tell you, Playing Judas was an absolute DEVIL to me by the time I found out! :mad: And it looks completely fabulous! Go FSSCP!

To those who might remember me, hello again. :)

I've been lurking here a while, and I'll continue with that for a while longer. I don't have all the time in the world - I've got something reasonably big in Real Life(tm) coming up, and then I'll just be busy. So don't hold your breath until I post again. :D

*Re-lurk*
I can't go home again until I find a stone a rose a door.
Choo choo, and that is the truth.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by Ransom Arceihn
Hmm, the mission 3m03 "A Failure to Communicate" simply crashes when I commit to the mission. Any ideas?

Check further up on this page for posts between myself and LuckyStrike... you should find your answer there.

Later!

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Btw, when will the PVB Amun stop having a Kayser turret? Also, for the Medusa turret, is it using a Prometheus R or Prometheus S? I noticed when it would hit something like a Manticore that it couldn't put a dent in its shields.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Stock Medusa turrets mount a Prom R, though in FS1 missions it should mount an Avenger on there. (Why they ever replaced the Avenger with the Prom R is simply beyond me, unless there was a massive cost difference.)
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Medusa and Osiris bombers mount Prom R turrets, Ursas and Amuns mount Kaysers. These are the defaults, and that's what you get if you change your ship loadout, so I decided to stick with it. Bombers are easy pickings at close range anyway.