Author Topic: RELEASE: Road to Orum'Pur - prologue  (Read 3519 times)

Offline Jackho

• Gnoti seauton ...
    • Downloads an al
RELEASE: Road to Orum'Pur - prologue
At last!

I might sound cynical but something good came out of this containment that had me kept at home this long. I finally manage to finish and give people back this work I started long ago. I knew it would be playable (and enjoyable) one day, I didn't know it would be now.

Not to feel too ambitious but I plan to make more missions to extend this campaign with many ideas I had lately. I'll keep you posted.
For now here it is, this "made with love" campaign of mine :

Four neat missions (2 training+1 single+1 both) set during the first Era, not long before battle of Deneb events. Earn your wings, become a pilot, follow orders but also take initiatives that may change the course of your story.

I tried to make them errorproof and as human as I can. No need for new material here, mediaVPs have all it needs so thx to the fsu and all modders for making things happen.  The campaign is only available on Knossos as of this announcement.

All credits where due :
Everyone at SCP team for one among the longest played game ever
All the people at HLP and forums who helped me make this mod happen (Karajorma, The_E, xenocartographer, and many others)
Grey Wolf 2009 for the AWESOME Apollo asset
Mjnmixael for his help with Knossos
Knightmare, I needed his skyboxes so badly
All feedbackers! (Colt, Baezon, Asteroth, spart_n, etc...)

Enjoy and please give feedback!
A+
Jack H. : "Well... There's much more to check than six..."

Re: RELEASE: Road to Orum'Pur - prologue
hi ive played your campsign why is exam soo buggy i didnt hit anything it counts as point lost
ive tryied to be wuick im not allowed afterburner if i got out

Offline Jackho

• Gnoti seauton ...
    • Downloads an al
hi ive played your campsign why is exam soo buggy i didnt hit anything it counts as point lost
ive tryied to be wuick im not allowed afterburner if i got out

Well, I can't think of something I could say that's not already stated in the debriefing page (did you have a look at the recommendations?)
Also I admit there's no training-msg for every and all lost point situations, but every lost point is logged. So please look at the message logs (F4 page) and see if there is any point lost for no reason, that would definitely be a bug.

Afterburner is allowed, but not at once, you'll have to find out how and when to use it  ;7 :banghead:
A+

Offline Jackho

• Gnoti seauton ...
    • Downloads an al
Hi!

3 more missions coming soon!
I need to finish all (de)briefing stuff And I'll be able to add them to the campaign. I'm confident the FREDDing is solid and also I have prooftested them. So it should be good, provided you don't do weird things like killing friendlies  :drevil:
I'm aware it might be too early to release, but I can't think of a better way for people to test them and get feedbacks. Plus you guys wouldn't want me to take another 4 years to show it's progressing, would you?

So stay tuned!
A+

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Coddle us with amazing screenshots.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Jackho

• Gnoti seauton ...
    • Downloads an al
Well,

Not too much ambition here, I like backgrounds

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]
A+

Offline Jackho

• Gnoti seauton ...
    • Downloads an al
"Hello, this is 1.1.0 here..."

There's a new update to the mod, here's a quick changelog :

- upgrade to new MVP assets (4.4.x), no need for my custom apollo from now on (great!)
- now the mod rely on 21.0 stable engine, because it now has all the bells and whistles + mod troubleshooting will be easier for anyone (not just me I think)

Sorry I still have not much time to work on these 2 missions that are awaiting to be added to the mod, so they're still alpha work. But if you feel like trying them then look for "De anguis caput" and "Pirate bay" in single missions simulator. But much of the events that depends on previous missions will be missing. Sorry for that.

Cheers!
A+

Says no executable found for this mod

Offline Jackho

• Gnoti seauton ...
    • Downloads an al
Says no executable found for this mod

Hi,

Sorry for my bad english but I can't tell much from your message, apart there's no executable in a mod folder.
Do you mean the game won't start and Knossos is throwing this message?
I tried to reproduce by removing the executable folder (FSO-21.0.0) and I got this message :
"I can't find the selected executable! (The file "D:\Saved games\Freespace\bin\FSO-21.0.0\windows\x64\fs2_open_21_0_0_x64_SSE2.exe" is missing!)"
which would be more meaningful to me. Did you uncheck any boxes in the engine selection at install time?

I removed it completely from my computer and redownloaded it, and I got it to work as usual, so I have no clue for now.

Thx for trying my mod!  :yes:

A+

Offline Jackho

• Gnoti seauton ...
    • Downloads an al
Hi,

I double checked the paths and re-uploaded mod (same version) again. That's the best I can do so far.

Cheers!
A+

Still not working

Offline Jackho

• Gnoti seauton ...
    • Downloads an al
Hi there,

I got help from Knossos creator, I think now you will be able to make it work as expected. So I pushed a new version 1.1.1 and made an update to the latest MediaVPs and stable engine (21.2).
Please try it and tell me if you still run into trouble.

Cheers!
A+

It boots up now, but on the campaign menu, the actual campaign doesn't show up. I can only choose the original story campaigns
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 02:25:28 am by ShivanSlayer »

Offline Jackho

• Gnoti seauton ...
    • Downloads an al
It boots up now, but on the campaign menu, the actual campaign doesn't show up. I can only choose the original story campaigns

This is weird, can you tell me what exactly is shown as a list of campaigns so I can have an idea of what's happening? (maybe a screenshot of the menu?)
Sorry but I'll be able to deal with it only by this week end, I'll try my best.

Cheers!
A+

It only shows the original Freespace 1 campaign, Operation Templar, and Silent Threat as choices in the campaign selection screen. No Road to Orum'par

Offline Jackho

• Gnoti seauton ...
    • Downloads an al
Ok,

It seems I'm having problem with upload stage in Knossos. Can you check if you have any .vp files in the mod directory? (I hope not  :drevil: because that would explain everything )

I pushed a new 1.1.2 version that I just tested. I had no problem downloading it and also I now can see the campaign, can you check this new version and tell me plz?

Cheers
A+

It boots up and the campaign menu shows Road to OrumPur now!  Mission 1 booted up

I got to play test and all 4 missions work, though one weird thing is that on mission 4, if you exit out of the mission and go to the main menu, you get a menu for Between the Ashes.  There is the system map from Between the Ashes and the exit door says "Exit Between the Ashes."  Hope to see more missions soon though

Offline Jackho

• Gnoti seauton ...
    • Downloads an al
I got to play test and all 4 missions work, though one weird thing is that on mission 4, if you exit out of the mission and go to the main menu, you get a menu for Between the Ashes.  There is the system map from Between the Ashes and the exit door says "Exit Between the Ashes."  Hope to see more missions soon though

Hi there!
Long time no see! I'm having really hard time working on this campaign, because life is eating all my time, that's the way it is. But I'm still working on it  and I'll come up with too challenging missions when I'm finished playtesting them. I hope they will be out soon but I can't guaranty.

Uploading new version for the time being with changelog as follows:
- upgraded dependencies on last MVPs.
- fixed "newest"-version knossos related problem by using numbered versions
- fixed some typos
- fixed problem where one could start last exam with less than 5 points while skipping all training missions
- I love this game !

Cheers
A+