Author Topic: A celebration of Blue Planet  (Read 11305 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: A celebration of Blue Planet
So I don't think anybody's tried preventing the Antenor from signaling the Carthage on Pawns.  :nervous:

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I do believe I tried that during testing.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Won't you fail the mission if do that?
I pretty sure I accidentally did that once, but it was pretty borked since I destroyed the comm subsystem during the Antenor's transmission. I ended up with both mission failure dialogue and normal dialogue but still failed the mission.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I'm talking about the second signal, when the Antenor's captain tells the Carthage to flee.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
What happens if you try?

Offline -Sara-

Don't ask, try. ;)
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It's nothing that special. The Antenor just gets clever.

Offline -Norbert-

Aren't they useing something other than the comm-system for that? I think I remember something like that....

Offline -Sara-

Spoiler:
They go all Jean-Luc Picard and device a way to use their targetting sensors to message the Carthage.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Spoiler:
They go all Jean-Luc Picard and device a way to use their targetting sensors to message the Carthage.

You've taken out their comms, so they go for - I can't remember if it's weapons or sensors next. They'll get quite creative if you take those out as well.

Offline -Sara-

Spoiler:

You've taken out their comms, so they go for - I can't remember if it's weapons or sensors next. They'll get quite creative if you take those out as well.

I had. :)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Spoiler:

Covering all the bases to ensure the GTVA always has a way to **** on your Corn Flakes. :D

Offline -Sara-

With all those contingencies the captain must have been a distant cousin to Steele. :P

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
What happens if you completely, completely disarm/disable/de-subsystem the Antenor?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
What happens if you completely, completely disarm/disable/de-subsystem the Antenor?

I don't remember. Go find out!

Offline Arcalane

• Wait, I'm supposed to use evasive maneuvers?
    • Wyrdysm Games Forums
I shall right now. I need to kill all Antenor subsystems/etc. before the second transmission? Sounds easy enough.
Don't think, Mechwarrior. Find out.

Offline -Sara-

Just paveway it.

Offline Arcalane

• Wait, I'm supposed to use evasive maneuvers?
    • Wyrdysm Games Forums
Hex scalpel. ;)

Antenor has been completely disabled. Now for the waiting game.

~~

Conversation is as follows;

Spoiler:
Hanuman: The Antenor is using isome kind of improvised transceiver to transmit a short-range message to the Carthage! Attempting to jam!
Antenor: <intercepted> Admiral, this is Captain Hamid! You're the real target! Get out now, or they'll rip you apart!
Carthage: <intercepted> I would sooner die than see my men in an Ubuntu camp. Stand by, Captain. We'll have the jamming cleared in five minutes.
Simms: Hanuman, shut that corvette up!
Antenor: <intercepted> Admiral! We are NOT WORTH IT! Get the hell out while you still can!
Carthage: <intercepted> God damn it.
Carthage: <intercepted> Ops, signal all hands to brace for a crash jump. Helm, spool up the tactical drive. Captain Hamid - godspeed. I will be back for you, just as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 11:58:58 am by Arcalane »
Don't think, Mechwarrior. Find out.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
With all those contingencies the captain must have been a distant cousin to Steele. :P
I believe they actually teach 'Contingencies 101' at the GTVA Officer Academy. Steele consequently got a Masters in it. ;)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I believe they actually teach 'Contingencies 101' at the GTVA Officer Academy. Steele consequently got a Masters in it. ;)
Would this mean it takes two catcalysmic wars for people to start thinking of survival tactics? :P