Author Topic: RELEASE: Luyten Civil War v1.1  (Read 44771 times)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Re: RELEASE: Luyten Civil War v1.1
I didn't research the random tracks I found on freeplaymusic or and other music sharing website. Is it a known Christmas song is some countries?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline CT27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtZqJE4ekRk

Maybe it's not the exact same song, but it sounds similar to the one I'm thinking of ^.  Although in game it's a little quicker.

Offline CT27

Since it ended on somewhat of a cliffhanger, will there be a sequel someday?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Unlikely. I have no such plans, certainly not for until FotG comes out. I may make a small "mission pack" with some Coalition missions (or a whole campaign), but I have no specifics on this.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Naxal

Phew I did it!
Duel was easy once I remembered that Trebs exist ;)
But any tips for that mission where you have to defend the Washington against 3 bazillion bombers and Mryms? I had to go to VE  :doubt:

Also: Is it just me or are the enemies three ai levels above your guys?  :nervous: Keeping these incompetent ****s alive is hard even if you do have numerical superiority :P
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 01:58:57 pm by Naxal »

But any tips for that mission where you have to defend the Washington against 3 bazillion bombers and Mryms? I had to go to VE  :doubt:

A friend of mine completed and recorded it on Insane.

I do not know which mission this is... so you have to look yourself :) But i hope it will contain helpful strategies to get through this mission.

Luyten Civil War Insane Playthrough
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline CT27

A friend of mine completed and recorded it on Insane.

I do not know which mission this is... so you have to look yourself :) But i hope it will contain helpful strategies to get through this mission.

Luyten Civil War Insane Playthrough

I think he's talking about the mission where enemy POWs attempt to break out of the Washington.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
You're talking about mission 11, "An Oath Upheld."

I replayed the mission three times this morning and failed miserably, which is funny because I remember easily beating the mission in the final, pre-release testing phase. Some questions:

- Which difficulty setting did you choose before changing to Very Easy?
- What tactic do you use?

Has anyone else had trouble beating mission 11?

Offline Govenator

• You have been targeted for termination!
I just started playing this campaign.  It is very good so far.  I enjoy the new ship designs and like the selection of music available.  Highly recommend it based on the first 5 missions.  Also I have not found any bugs.

This is a great campaign so far, I am on the 5th mission I believe, the one after the attack on the bomber base. Only problem with the campaign is that I am stuck on this mission. It seems that all the ships have much more deadly weapons and are programmed to target the player first. And the Kagera at the end is painful.

Offline Fusion

Having a bit of an issue myself on Mission 10. When I attempt to scan the four investigation points on Olympus Station, nothing happens. The points disappear after being scanned, but the objective still lists four points as needing to be scanned and is not complete even after I scan them all. Anyone have a possible solution?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I'll post a quickfix soon.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Having a bit of an issue myself on Mission 10. When I attempt to scan the four investigation points on Olympus Station, nothing happens. The points disappear after being scanned, but the objective still lists four points as needing to be scanned and is not complete even after I scan them all. Anyone have a possible solution?

I fixed that already in the Knossos release, which also includes some other additions.

If you do not use Knossos and use the manual download from the start post instead, click on the link and then on "No, but I know exactly what I'm doing and I just want download links" and download the Core: Missions & Tables package, which includes the updated missions aswell a species.tbl that includes the timeline of the campaign up to the first mission.
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline CT27

https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=94121.0

Andreas, a fix for the mission is in there.

Offline CT27

I fixed that already in the Knossos release, which also includes some other additions.

If you do not use Knossos and use the manual download from the start post instead, click on the link and then on "No, but I know exactly what I'm doing and I just want download links" and download the Core: Missions & Tables package, which includes the updated missions aswell a species.tbl that includes the timeline of the campaign up to the first mission.

FYI Novachen, the Knossos link you gave for LCW doesn't work now.