Author Topic: Freespace V.S. Star Wars Part Four  (Read 18389 times)

Freespace V.S. Star Wars Part Four
Freespace V.S. Star Wars Part Four

Deep within the reactor area of the GTVA's most powerful warship, the Colossus, an operative sneaks into the power regulator for the fire control stations.

Quickly, the operative pulls several levers. The Colossus's weapons malfuction and come to a complete stop.

"Command, we're experiencing a global malfunction in fire control!" said the captain of the Colossus.

Admiral Aken Bosch was now free to enter the Knossos. The Iceni quickly engaged it's subspace drive and sped into the Knossos.

Bosch's Neo Terran Front  has been crushed. Nothing more remains of the NTF. It is now that the GTVA can concentrate on exploring the nebula.

Bosch came through the Nebula fast, destroying a small group of bombers.

"We are in the Nebula, Admiral!" said Bosch's lieutentant. "Good, jump to a safe distance from the Node and power-up the ETAK device." replied Bosch.

An hour later, Bosch was atleast 10 cliks from the node to Gamma Draconis.

The Iceni began to power up the ETAK device down in engineering.

"Broadcasting now, sir!"

Admiral Bosch sat in his usual pose with his hands together infront of his face. Sort of a praying manner. He waited for quite a while.

After several hours, Bosch was in his study, writing his logs. All of a suddon a massive Shivan warship jumped into the mist near the Iceni.

Startled, Admiral Bosch ran back to the bridge. He looked out the main viewport and saw the massive Shivan vessel jump to subspace to an unknown location.

"Sir, before that ship jumped out we got a reply to the message we sent out using Etak."

Bosch looked at his viewscreen. What he saw was constant beating on a scope. "Attempting to translate now, sir!"

Weeks past. Remaining NTF operatives in the GTVA informed Bosch that the GTVA had won a major victory in Capella. A super Shivan vessel designated the SJ Sathanas had been destroyed by the combined efforts of the Colossus and several bombers.

Bosch was waiting in his Study when the intercom sounded "Admiral, we have translated the message. No one has read it yet, just like you ordered. I am sending it to you now."

Bosch was not only happy to have made contact with the Shivans, but he had discovered more through the message which had just been translated: The Shivans were not alone in the nebula. Another race of Human's baring all powerfull warships of destruction had come through another subspace portal. These beings intended to conquer this galaxy as is their method of empire building. The empire desired Bosch, and Bosch alone to provide them infomation useful in their conquest. For the interest of an alliance with a stronger power of species in the universe, Bosch had accepted.

This is the final entry in the personal log of Admiral Aken Bosch, supreme commander of the Neo Terran Front. Our encounter with the Shivans has vindicated all I have fought for these past thirty years. My life's work has been achieved. I have created the technology to enable communication between the Shivans and the human race. Although our first contact was rudimentary and crude, I have initiated the first phase of a new alliance with the destroyers. An alliance upon which the fate of humanity depends.

As a young pilot I battled against the rebels of the great war, the Galactic Terran Intelligence whose research of shivan technology and biology would form the cornerstone of my project. The Terran-Vasudan alliance buried this knowledge but I resurrected it. I alone realised our species had no future with the Vasudans. If we are to survive, our destiny must lie elsewhere.

As I make this final entry my crew is preparing to scuttle the Iceni and board the shivan transports. We embark on a miraculous journey towards a new horizon. This tragic era of hatred and misunderstanding between our races is over. On this day, for the first time in my life, I am filled with joy.

A few Shivan transports and a Rakshasa cruiser came out of Subspace. The ships headed towards the Iceni and transports docked on either side. Aparently, the empire had sent the Shivans to retrieve Bosch. Little does Bosch know of what awaits him and his crew. The fates of so many are soon to be decided.

Startled, Bosch heard gunfire and screaming coming from the docked levels. Bosch's lieutenant informed him that the Shivans are slaughtering the crew and taking only important people.

Bosch writes down a quick message to be sent to the Shivans through ETAK. The message quickly gets sent by the desperate crew in the engineering section. The message asks why the Shivans are attacking his crew.

In less than a minute, an image apears on his viewscreen. A blue person with red eyes smiles at him through the blurry screen. "Admiral Bosch I presume?" Said Thrawn with a distinct grin.

"Who... who are you? What's going on?"

"We have no reason to trust you, Admiral. Neither are your crew useful to us in any way. There are many things in our empire you may not quite aprove of. Your home planet... wil be ours. We know there is infomation that you will refuse to give us. So we are going to take the liberty to force you to give us the infomation we desire. I am Admiral Thrawn. I have a lot of influence in the Galactic Empire."

"I trusted you people!"

"We didn't trust you. Our new pets should be bringing your onboard our ship momentarilly. Thrawn out."

The Viewscreen deactivated. Five Shivans blew open the door to his study and grabbed him by his arms. The Shivans dragged him to the transports docked with the Iceni.

GTVA fighters came into view and began attacking the transports. The transport carrying Bosch jumped to Subspace. Never to be seen for a long, long time.

20 minutes later, the Shivan transport carrying Bosch came into view of a Star Destroyer. The Transport entered the hangor. Small pads came out from underneath which allowed it to land. Two Shivans dragging Bosch came out a boarding ramp.

Thrawn was waiting in the hangor. Once again with an evil grin. "Welcome Admiral. It is good to see someone with a rank similar to mine nowadays. Unfortunately, that rank of yours won't be yours for much longer."

3 StormTroopers took Bosch into the prision cells.

Thrawn issued one final order to his Shivan pets: "Tell your leaders that we won't want any interference from the Human's beyond the node."

The Star Destroyer jumped to the Subspace node to Byss and then subspaced back to his own galaxy.
====Freespace v.s. Star Wars Part Five Now Online!====

The ShivanEmperor is back! And now... he has returned... with a will... to conquer... the Hard Light Productions Fan Fiction Forum!

Part One: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,54863.0.html

Part Two: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,54969.0.html

Part Three: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,55041.0.html

Part Four: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,55234.0.html

Part Five: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,55384.0.html

Part Six: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,57798.0.html

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Freespace V.S. Star Wars Part Four
I hope the Shivans lay some major smackdown on the Empire.

Shivans are not mother****ing pets, jackhole (referring to Thrawn, not you :P).

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I still think that Thrawn could not have translated Shivan language. :doubt:

[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Admiral Bosch sat in his usual pose with his hands together infront of his face. Sort of a praying manner. He waited for quite a while.
For some reason, this line made me :wakka:

I hope the Shivans realise what pricks the Empire is, and hold a ceasefire with the GTVA if only to lay down some serious smackdown on the Empire.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

That was good. I don't think the Shivans could beat the Empire though, unless they pulled out something bigger and stronger than we've ever seen before (maybe those hypothetical planet-sized ships people think  :v: was hinting about for FS3)

Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
That was good. I don't think the Shivans could beat the Empire though, unless they pulled out something bigger and stronger than we've ever seen before (maybe those hypothetical planet-sized ships people think  :v: was hinting about for FS3)

GARGANT RAPE FTW!!!!!!!!!!!111!1eleventy1!one

--
Uhh...nice story :nod:
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Someone, I think it was Androgeos Exeunt, said something about the Sathanas fleet being nothing more than platelets converging on a wound. This is something I'd like to see... Explored...

**** the Empire.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Maybe when Thrawn brings a Cain back with him, the Cain transmits "L0ll3r5|<aT35 l053r5!!! Y0u'\/3 |3E3|\| PU|\||<3|)!!" And a Lucy jumps in behind it.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Skip the Lucifer, go straight to Gargant please.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
A fleet of Gargants.

A fleet of Gargants.

Which gets singe-handedly slaughtered by a single Star Destroyer?
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Offline Droid803

How? They're 37km long. They'd win by ramming the ISD.
Of course, you could bring out the Death Star, but that's the Death Star.
(´・ω・`)

I could hardly believe a Gargant is faster than an ISD... it simply laughs at the attempts of the Gargants to catch up whilst dealing death with octuple laser turrets.
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

I could hardly believe a Gargant is faster than an ISD... it simply laughs at the attempts of the Gargants to catch up whilst dealing death with octuple laser turrets.

Whilst the gargant's BEAMZ screw the shields and blow apart the Chimera's engines, an then 3 more ump in and blow its ass.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Uhh, laser turrets won't do crap against the Gargant. Planetary bombardment beams do 0.1 damage to its turrets.

Then again, Star Wars ships dish out teraton payloads, so you could have the entire Shivan fleet against 2 TIE fighters and they'd lose. :rolleyes:

Please excuse the following Mobius comment:

Which gets singe-handedly slaughtered by a single Star Destroyer?
That's idiotic
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 01:33:06 pm by Snail »

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq

Also this had been said before, FS ship speed are most likely relevant to their real speeds. :v: most likely made the ships slow to make the game easier for the player.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 06:57:49 pm by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Droid803

When I mean ram, I meant as it jumps in.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I can't understand Admiral Stone's logic. Therefore, it is a bad argument, because I can't understand it.

But seriously. Your logic is flawed.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
The Gargants can always pull a JAD Colossus and jump into the star destroyer.

Offline Droid803

The Gargants can always pull a JAD Colossus and jump into the star destroyer.

Exactly what I thought :nod:
(´・ω・`)