Author Topic: Improved/Optimized WCS Prologue models  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Improved/Optimized WCS Prologue models
Well, many of the models in the WCS Prologue were poorly optimized, so I took the opportunity to make them better.  I've fixed various geometry and texture errors, as well as made them use ConfedTilesB or kilrathi_tiles (the unified tilemaps) instead of the individual tilemaps, and I've got rid of the LOD textures because they're just a waste of texture slots, and the DDS texture format stores all the LODs in one file.  These models should hopefully make the game run a little bit faster.

The Venture, Southampton, Clarkson, Ralarrad, and Fralthi II are included in this pack.  More ships may come later.

Download here: http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/WCSOptiModels.7z

To install them, just extract z_OptiModels.vp to your WCSaga Prologue folder.
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!