Author Topic: RELEASE: WCHF Asset/tech demo pack  (Read 8845 times)

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
RELEASE: WCHF Asset/tech demo pack
Updated October 15, 2011: The WCHF FTP went down permanently, so I had to repackage the files and move them over to my server.  This new release contains a few more models.  BTW, the FTP is working again.

Well, today is the Wing Commander CIC's (and their sister site Ultima Aiera's) birthday, so I'm releasing this pack of models to celebrate!

When it became clear that me and the other team members are not going to be finished with WCHF any time soon (we are very short on FREDers!!!), I figured I'd release all of the exclusive assets from Wing Commander: Hostile Frontier so that creative Wingnuts have more toys to play with if they decide to start their own great WC fan project.

But that's not all! There are some tech demos included in the mod package as well, including the Tactics Training mission, a historical mission about the Gwenhyvar encounter, a scripted combat launch sequence, and a mission to show off the Kilrathi Dreadnaught.  I'm mainly including these to show off all the neat tricks I pulled off in FRED and get feedback from other community members.

Notes on the missions:
WCHF-Tactrain - Tactics training simulator mission.  Shows off the new ingame ship selection system and includes 2 branches.

gwenhyvar - Historical mission about the Gwenhyvar encounter.  Thanks to FekLeyrTarg for this interesting idea.

CombatLaunchDemo - What it says on the tin.  A Combat Launch inspired by the End Run novel and WC Prophecy.  Would you like to see this feature in WCHF?

KDNTest - Shows off the terrifying 22km-long Kilrathi Dreadnaught.

One more thing: This mod also acts as a mediavps-style upgrade for the WCSaga Prologue campaign.  I made sure that I did not change anything that would affect gameplay balance in the Prologue.

Download: http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/wchf/release/WCHFAssets.7z

The modpack and the tech demos require a 3.6.12 or later build of FS2_Open to work correctly.  If you'd like to use newer builds, however, you may want to use these optional upgrades:

Shader pack for post-Antipodes 6 builds (These shaders alleviate the normal map problems with mirrored models, but they only work with builds with the go-faster code)
HUD Configuration for post-Antipodes 7 builds (This allows you to play WCHF in widescreen resolutions without having a stretched or scaled HUD.  Configurations for 1024x768, 1280x720, 1280x1024, and 1680x1050 are included.  This only works with builds with Swifty's new HUD Code)

Installation instructions:
1. Download the 3.6.12 Inferno build for your OS from this thread on HLP.
2. Extract this build to your WCSaga Prologue folder
3. Create a new folder inside your WCSaga Prologue and call it "WCHFAssets"
4. Download the WCHF Assets package and extract all of the files into the folder you created in the previous step.
5. If you want to use a build newer than 3.6.12 final, go to the nightly builds forum and download a build for your OS.
6. You may also want to use the optional upgrades for builds newer than 3.6.12.  In this case, download the packages above and extract the VPs to the folder you created in step 3.
7. Run launcher.exe, click on the browse button at the top right corner, and select fs2_open_3_6_12r_INF.exe (Or the nightly build you downloaded, if you did download one)
8. Go to the MOD tab, click on the "Select Mod" button, click on the folder you created in step 3, and press OK.
9. Click on the "Apply" button and then the "Run" button.

And, of course, screenshots:

Here are the credits for the 3D models included in this pack:
F-36 Hornet by Travis Baldree, recoloured by Kevin Caccamo
CF-105 Scimitar by XWA WCTC Team, new UVmap and textures by Kevin Caccamo
YF-44 Rapier II by Kevin Caccamo
A-14 Raptor by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo
Wake-class CVE by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo/WCSaga
Exeter-class by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo/WCSaga
Bhantkara-class by the Saga team, modified and optimized by Kevin Caccamo
Ralaxath-class by JasonRocZ, modified by Kevin Caccamo
Kamrani-class by the Saga team, modified and optimized by Kevin Caccamo
Altaris-class by Cadius/Darius
F-44G Rapier II by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo
F-44B Rapier II by the Unknown Enemy team, new textures and UVmap by Kevin Caccamo/Origin Systems
Laser and Neutron gun models by the Privateer Gemini Gold team
P-64 Ferret by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo
F-54 Epee by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo
F-57 Sabre by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo
F-38 Talon by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo
A-18 Crossbow by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo
A-17 Broadsword by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo
F-103 Excalibur by Steele, modifed by Kevin Caccamo
Venture-class by the Standoff and Saga teams, modified by Kevin Caccamo
Southampton-class by the Saga team, modified by Kevin Caccamo
Confed Starbase by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo
Andrew Carnegie-class by Kevin Caccamo
Landscape by Kevin Caccamo
Salthi/Hrakthi by the Standoff team, new textures and modifications by Kevin Caccamo
Hvar'kann-class by Klavs81, modified by Kevin Caccamo
Vaktoth by the Saga team, modified by Kevin Caccamo
Paktahn by Scheherazade, new textures by the Saga team, modified by Kevin Caccamo
Snakeir-class by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo
Kilrathi logo by Kevin Caccamo
Gothri by the Standoff team, new textures by the Saga team, modified by Kevin Caccamo
Ralarrad-class by the Saga team, modified by Kevin Caccamo
Fralthi II-class by the Saga team, modified by Kevin Caccamo
Prowler/Free Trader by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo
Dorkathi by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo
Waterloo-class by the Standoff and Saga teams, modified by Kevin Caccamo
Gilgamesh-class by the Standoff and Saga teams, modified by Kevin Caccamo
Kamekh by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo
Rigakh by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo/WCSaga
Clydesdale by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo
Gettysburg-class by the Saga team, modified by Kevin Caccamo
Fralthi-class by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo
Gratha by Michelle D, textures by Kevin Caccamo
Jalthi by the Standoff team, HTL by Kevin Caccamo, new textures by Kevin Caccamo
Krant by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo
Salthi by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo
Hhriss by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo
Dorkir-class by Kevin Caccamo
Dralthi MK1/2 by the Standoff team, new textures by Kevin Caccamo

BTW, if you want to use any of the models here that are credited to the Standoff team, you'll need permission from Eder Vieito or another Standoff team member first, but feel free to use the new textures I've created for the Standoff ships.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 04:39:17 am by Talon 1024 »
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Re: RELEASE: WCHF Asset pack
Awesome, more ships to play with :) Curious if I can find something that will blend well with other custom FS2 models. Thanks for the pack!
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Re: RELEASE: WCHF Asset/tech demo pack
I've uploaded a recording of the Gwenhyvar-Mission:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPey5F7SSVU
Have fun watching it. :)
Audio Converter of Enigma Campaign 2666:
http://enigma.de.to/

German translator of WC: Hostile Frontier:
http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/wchf/

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FekLeyrTarg?feature=mhee