Author Topic: Knossos installer?  (Read 711 times)

Has there any discussion about getting WCS into the Knossos installer?  It would nice to see this available to a new group of players.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Given that Knossos only works with FSO 3.8 and that WCS is incompatible with that version of the engine, it's probably not going to happen.
**** every cause that ends in murder and children crying. ― Iain Banks
Join the fun at the HLP IRC channel. Get the latest spam and gossip as long as it's fresh!

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
I'll be making a beta WCS for "normal" FSO release within the week.  That will work with Knossos.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Are you going to reimplement the sexps the WCS team added in? I mean, we have that technology in the nightly builds now, you could reimplement the sexps using lua.....
**** every cause that ends in murder and children crying. ― Iain Banks
Join the fun at the HLP IRC channel. Get the latest spam and gossip as long as it's fresh!

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
The missions all work 99% now in regular FSO.  I've either replaced with a Standard SEXP or made a script to address anything else.  What's missing is the hide-ship-name stuff Admiral Ralwood mentioned he had in a WIP code branch, and the "force-battle-music" SEXP for which I don't have a solution at the moment -- thus a "beta" release.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

I and I am sure others appreciate the work being done.