Author Topic: Troll Whack-A-Mole  (Read 6266 times)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Re: Re: AT LAST, THE TRUTH: Volition's Answers to the Shivans, Bosch, and Capella
It was nice that volition gave us a reply. But, i would say nothing was learned. You can only gather so much that it pretty much reads to me, "yeah fs3, you got it pretty good with how inferno and bp went". I definitely find it very funny how everything of what they said plays into what we have already done here for fs and already thought about the shivans. It's too convenient.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Re: AT LAST, THE TRUTH: Volition's Answers to the Shivans, Bosch, and Capella
It was nice that volition gave us a reply. But, i would say nothing was learned. You can only gather so much that it pretty much reads to me, "yeah fs3, you got it pretty good with how inferno and bp went". I definitely find it very funny how everything of what they said plays into what we have already done here for fs and already thought about the shivans. It's too convenient.

I'm having a hard time reading past the second sentence of your post without cracking up laughing. Fortunately the last sentence is such comedy gold I always push through to get to it.

If they make FS3 it has to have Gargants in it
Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Shut up.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!

This is a terrible post

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Hey man, leave him be, he's a special interest group :colbert:

Keep fighting the good fight DarthWang

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I hereby move that we adopt the kugu habit of tempbanning posters who use an image macro and nothing else.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I hereby move that we adopt the kugu habit of tempbanning posters who use an image macro and nothing else.

Just in case... >_>
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Knock one down. 3 more appear...

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
I will post the full text below.

I want you to know, going in, that these answers are remarkable in a number of ways.

First, they are compatible with most fan-made works. They add Volition legitimacy to components of Blue Planet's story, to what I know of Inferno, and - well I'm not sure who else is doing much with the Shivans.

They also help resolve the endless debate about what Volition thinks of character-driven campaigns. The answer is a good one for both sides, recognizing the worth of both approaches.

These answers leave room for interpretation. They will not kill any campaigns. They give us our own latitude for creativity. It is not, I am afraid/overjoyed to report, a master plan. But it is more than we've ever had before.
I forgot battuta, you said it first about BP and inferno. This whole quote of yours is really to keep morale up for an otherwise underwhelming moment for the community. But, you are indeed the person who mentioned compatibilities of campaigns and theories from this community with what  :v: said about fs3. I stand corrected and realize that you said this, and not as i said earlier was  :v:.

My main point again, this whole thing isn't much to be excited about. Us asking the great makers of fs and hear them say, "yeah, we don't know much about fs3 at all" and, "we'd love to make fs3 if we could". Really i'm curious why people are getting excited about what  :v-old: told us about fs3 unless it's mostly just fan excitement receiving something from  :v-old: that's actually talking to this community. This is hardly a "we finally know what gets to happen in fs3" moment in the slightest.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 11:45:42 am by General Battuta »
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You are profoundly stupid, your misrepresentations are profoundly and offensively stupid, and yet there is some hope: in all this community there was only one person dumb enough to say what you did.

They explicitly told us what would happen in FS3 and what the origins and nature of the Shivans were. They told us what probably happened to Bosch and why the Capella supernova occurred.

Some day I wish to receive a revelation that will explain to me how even a single human being can read these plain and incontrovertible facts, then turn about and believe the complete opposite - yet still, miraculously, as if through divine agency, retain the motor skills and language capability required to type words on a keyboard.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 11:54:10 am by General Battuta »

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Re: AT LAST, THE TRUTH: Volition's Answers to the Shivans, Bosch, and Capella
I still find this moment in the community underwhelming since it is still  :v: telling us what they think and might have been in fs3. They don't know too much obviously; they didn't get that far into planning the game. It's really their theories and conjectures with nothing more. I may be profoundly stupid to find this, but it's very apparent to me.

SMBFD

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I still find this moment in the community underwhelming since it is still  :v: telling us what they think and might have been in fs3. They don't know too much obviously; they didn't get that far into planning the game. It's really their theories and conjectures with nothing more. I may be profoundly stupid to find this, but it's very apparent to me.

No ****, Sherlock. It's still an infinitude more information than we had before. It's literally the best information that exists in the entire world about the content of FS3 because it comes from the man who would've written FS3.

If you're underwhelmed by that, you're an idiot, because there is nothing that could be any more informative than what we have here except for more of the same kind of material from this man. Nothing more than his notional outline would exist because the plot of the game is informed by the development process and that development process never happened.

Your attitude is like being disappointed at the recovery of Elvis Presley's diary because it isn't the same as Elvis ****ing coming back to life.

This right here, folks, is the type of fan developers detest, and the reason I'm glad V members aren't active on this forum. They'd have to put up with this kind of ingrate.

Offline Luis Dias

If you're underwhelmed by that, you're an idiot

Nice, now I know that I'm an idiot. Either that or Battuta's dictionary is idiotic.

I rather prefer the second, if you don't mind.

This right here, folks, is the type of fan developers detest, and the reason I'm glad V members aren't active on this forum. They'd have to put up with this kind of ingrate

No, you don't get it. It's fairly simple for us to be underwhelmed by the answers, while being very grateful that the writer of FS2 did make them. You are personalizing something that no one else did. Get over it. People are underwhelmed and that's not a problem. Move on.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
If you're underwhelmed by that, you're an idiot

Nice, now I know that I'm an idiot. Either that or Battuta's dictionary is idiotic.

I rather prefer the second, if you don't mind.

There is something seriously ****ing wrong with anyone who can go ten years expecting never to know anything about any of this, then get concrete answers to all the outstanding questions we have about FreeSpace and still be disappointed.

I think that condition is 'idiocy'. Don't be an idiot. It's not too late to save yourself.

EDIT: Look, you ninja edited in something to make you look like you can piece two neurons together to make a synapse.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 01:02:45 pm by General Battuta »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Actually, **** it, one more post in this vein and I'm sending all this retarded **** over to the dump for idiots Flipside established.

Offline Luis Dias

Actually, **** it, one more post in this vein and I'm sending all this retarded **** over to the dump for idiots Flipside established.

I seriously recommend you get a cup of tea. You're boiling over nothing. Ok, I got it, you were amazed by the revelations. I'm okay with that, it's perfectly fine. Why are you insulting anyone that doesn't feel like you? Come on man.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
There is something seriously ****ing wrong with anyone who can go ten years expecting never to know anything about any of this, then get concrete answers to all the outstanding questions we have about FreeSpace and still be disappointed.

I think that condition is 'idiocy'. Don't be an idiot. It's not too late to save yourself.
Bawww, someone took this differently than you did, big deal. :doubt:
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

I seriously recommend you get a cup of tea. You're boiling over nothing. Ok, I got it, you were amazed by the revelations. I'm okay with that, it's perfectly fine. Why are you insulting anyone that doesn't feel like you? Come on man.

I actually find telling idiots they're retarded really relaxing. This is one of the reasons I am such a perfect human being.

You on the other hand are the mongoloid who looks at a developer spilling nearly everything they have about a game they left behind ten years ago, defying all the protocol and custom of the games industry in order to reward loyal fans, and acts like they should've resurrected Elvis for you.

EDIT: actually your edit above suggests you are not a mongoloid, so maybe you just didn't see what S-99 and I were arguing about. I'll PM
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 01:15:54 pm by General Battuta »