Author Topic: Just Another Day Development Blog  (Read 234780 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Re: Just Another Day Development Blog
I dunno.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Axem

Aaaaaahhhhh....

Deadline quickly approaching! Amount of bugs so few now... Something has to go wrong... it must!

Anyway, here's a preview vid of a mission, Escape from Highschool. Holley attempts to go skip the last half of the first day of school, but sadly gets interrupted with matters of love and war.

I'll post another preview vid tomorrow and another the day after!

Roundabouutttttt

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
oh my god

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
This logokas reference  :lol: :lol: :lol:
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Axem

logokas...?  :confused:

Please explain.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Oh and it's probably come up in an earlier release that I'm a terrible person for not playing, but holy **** the Brunhild I love you Axem.

Offline Axem

The Brunhild (or just more boringly known in JAD as the Pretty Pretty Princess Flagship), is new to the upcoming episode of JAD. It is Princess Henrietta Augusta Charlotte von Eschenitzsholkphf of the Divine Northern Spatial Realm's Flagship. There's also the other imperial ships in the mod as well (painted pink of course), and I wanted to see them in action so bad I made a side mission where its basically Imperial Fleet vs Shivans. It's pretty rockin'.

Offline Mito [PL]

Logokas? That "How it feels like to get a GTX 1080" meme that's been out there for a while.

Or you both incidentally made a reference to even something else, dunno :rolleyes:
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Logokas? That "How it feels like to get a GTX 1080" meme that's been out there for a while.

Or you both incidentally made a reference to even something else, dunno :rolleyes:

The latter! It's from Jojo's Bizzare adventure and it became a "To be continued" meme.

Offline Mito [PL]

Okay, that's nice :P It seems I should get used to everything being a meme these days  :lol:
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Damn this looks slick as ****

Offline Axem

Preview 2!: Very Ultra Rare Limited Edition

Holley goes out on a shopping trip to buy up some expensive nerd merch. If you saw how her last shopping trip went, you may not be so surprised...

Offline CKid

Cracked a grin when I saw the line of ships, lost it when Holly charged through it. Can't wait for the release.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Darius

A small thing, but i got really excited at seeing the visual novel on top of an in-mission cutscene. If it gets wider use it would help storytelling and dialogue exchanges during cutscenes immensely.

Offline Axem

Yeah, that's what it basically was designed for. I hope at some point I can document exactly the way to write a VN scene file so anyone can use it. Its pretty easy but the syntax of some statements is like... in one form, and for newer commands there's a different syntax... sort of. (And when I'm confused I have to check my script all the time...) And you don't even need the large extravagant art that JAD or WoD requires. You can spec in normal headanis too. But its so much better than waiting for a conversation to go by. You can read at your own pace, the text is so easy to read. I'm very proud of it.

Also I have the same feeling, it is really neat to see the VN stuff go on top of 3d rendered scenes. When there's 2d backgrounds behind them, even I forget that all VN scenes are actually within a real mission (I made the questionable decision to hook it into FS's messaging system for some unexplained reason which forces that).

Offline Axem

Final preview vid!

Delta 1 is out on a date, only to have it get crashed by a megalomaniacal Beta Tester seeking ultimate power. It's Just Another Da-

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Just Another Da-???? What could that possibly mean? Just Another Dance Party? Just Another Damnnation? Just Another Darned Glitch??? I must know!!!!
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I approve of the art direction you took.

+1 warhol points.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Axem

Finally finally finally.

After like… 5 years after I originally thought I'd get this out, after a lot of scope expansion and contraction, mission building and rebuilding, very intricate systems begun, thrown away, rewritten, THERE IS FINALLY A RELEASE.

Of a silly anime-based comedy mod for a niche game that's 18 years old.

I really need to get my priorities in order, don't I?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it! Really half the intent of the campaign was just to make a funny silly story that tries to stay light and bright instead of doom and gloom, and the other half was just seeing how far and how drastically I could make the game do things that no one ever intended the engine to do. So, again, I hope you enjoy it and I hope it brings a highlight to your day or a creative spark in your clever mind.

Also I'd like to apologize to the people that already downloaded the latest JAD2.21 release for making you redownload it again. Really, Harriet needed a ribbon in her hair. (Spoon said so)

Oh, and for the millionth time I want to thank Spoon for all his hard work, testing my missions, putting up with my endless revisions, and making me some really amazing art that went beyond my wildest dreams.