Author Topic: Hosting Power...  (Read 1586 times)

I have some questions...

First, does this game give the host (probably in direct ip mode only) the ability to kick players, like most multiplayer fps games?

Second, can you add a profanity filter as a server option?

Just curious with ways that the host can have more control of the server.....

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
A profanity filter would be a pretty significant feature to add probably, would need to add some sort of dictionary library or something.  I believe kicking players is possible, at least between games.  Mid-battle, I'm not sure if there's a control for that, but I wouldn't really think it too necessary since missions are usually so short you can just end it, kick, and start again.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

There is no ingame joining and you can normally tell within a few seconds whether someone is going to be a moron or not.
You can't kick ingame, but you can jump and kick like chief said.

I should also point out, however, that with the size of the multiplayer community, I would discourage kicking people unless they're genuinely being disruptive to your gameplay. It's counter productive to you actually ..being able to play games.
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."