Author Topic: Archived CVS Builds thread  (Read 38135 times)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Originally posted by Mr_Maniac
First Info: I am building an Inferno-build (I like to have many ships in a mission)...
Oh... And I'm compiling a Linux-Build :)

Yeah that's related to WMCoolmon's recent CFILE changes.  I don't like those changes though and will probably unchange them and do it a different way.  Haven't had the chance to actually get that done yet though.

2. TBM-Related: When I use TBMs, FS2_open(Linux) segfaults:

Can you post a copy of the TBM?  I don't think anything is wrong with it but I'd prefer the same thing that you are using for testing purposes.  That code looks a little fishy to me so perhaps it's an initialization thing that behaves different on Windows.

Offline redmenace

no, only hornet.pof and newhornet.pof are lightspeeds IIRC. And where is this mission from?
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Originally posted by taylor
Can you post a copy of the TBM?  I don't think anything is wrong with it but I'd prefer the same thing that you are using for testing purposes.  That code looks a little fishy to me so perhaps it's an initialization thing that behaves different on Windows.

It seems to happen ONLY with weapon-TBLs... I have three of them...
One for many Primary Weapons (Most from TrashMans Models), one for Secondary Weapons (again - most from TrashMans Models) and one that modifies the Akethon...
Every single one of them produces the segfault (I tried this)...
And here they are:
My Weapon-TBLs

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
If that came with tables, there's probably a weapon that has "shornet" assigned as the model name.  If the weapon is in fact not used, you may be able to get around this with the "load only used weapons" option (in experimental features in the Launcher) but that won't tell you how to fix it.  If you want to know what weapon is causing the crash, the latest versions have the option to look at weapons in the lab as well as ships and you'll probably either find a missile in there that crashes or that doesn't render anything.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
It seems to happen ONLY with weapon-TBLs... I have three of them...

Yep, the code was buggy.  Three problems and all of them were simple.  Basically the function gets called more than once when it needs to happen only after all of the possible tbls/tbms have been parsed.  The second problem was that there was no safeguard to prevent it from checking weapons that it had already handled which caused an array overflow and caused the crash.  The third, and minor, problem was that it was a waste of speed since in the second for() loop of that function it didn't break out when it found a match but instead kept looking for entries.

Easy to fix that though so grab a new checkout and make sure it's working for you.

Thanks taylor!
I'll try that right tomorrow!
But here it's 10:55 PM, so I'm going off-line right now ;)

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 10/20/05
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Originally posted by taylor
Easy to fix that though so grab a new checkout and make sure it's working for you.

Thanks again! It works now ;)
But - as so often - a new problem occured ;)
Warp Out doesn't work - or only very seldom...
The drive charges, but my ship does a full brake... And then... Nothing...

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Warp Out doesn't work - or only very seldom...

Grrr, should be fixed shortly.

* grabs whiffle bat, scribbles "WMCoolmon" on it *

Edit: Ok, should be fixed now but let me know if you see any problems with my changes.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 12:34:51 pm by 1252 »

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 10/21/05
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Just a note that the next build redmenace posts will have most of those "Null vec3d in vec3d normalize" messages fixed.  If with the next build anyone still gets a message like that please tell me what mod and/or mission you were playing, normal or hi-poly models in use, and what was going on when you got the message.  If would help greatly if you reported that info to the Mantis bug on this topic rather than doing it in this thread.

Hi....
And again there was a little problem ;)
Could it be, that there is a little memory leak or something like that?
I've played the last two missions from DEM, and after I've beaten it and clicked on "Next" in the de-briefing, my computer started to do something...
It took ~10 minutes until FS2_Open got killed by my System...

It got killed, because it ate up all my ressources...

Oh... And about Mantis:
Account creation don't work:

Mantis

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/scp/public_html/mantis/core/html_api.php:139) in /home/scp/public_html/mantis/core/gpc_api.php on line 220

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/scp/public_html/mantis/core/html_api.php:139) in /home/scp/public_html/mantis/core/print_api.php on line 37

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/scp/public_html/mantis/core/html_api.php:139) in /home/scp/public_html/mantis/core/print_api.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/scp/public_html/mantis/core/html_api.php:139) in /home/scp/public_html/mantis/core/print_api.php on line 40

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/scp/public_html/mantis/core/html_api.php:139) in /home/scp/public_html/mantis/core/print_api.php on line 41

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/scp/public_html/mantis/core/html_api.php:139) in /home/scp/public_html/mantis/core/print_api.php on line 42

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/scp/public_html/mantis/core/html_api.php:139) in /home/scp/public_html/mantis/core/print_api.php on line 46

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
I've played the last two missions from DEM, and after I've beaten it and clicked on "Next" in the de-briefing, my computer started to do something...

There could be a leak but I just closed the only one I knew about and it was small.  Are you using bitmap caching?  If so turn it off and see if it makes any difference.  If not then turn it on and give it a try.

Oh... And about Mantis:
Account creation don't work:

Not sure what to tell you with this one.  I have noticed some responsiveness issues with the server the past couple of days.  If it's still doing it in a day or two then maybe Inquisitor can take a look at it.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Hi....
And again there was a little problem ;)

It got killed, because it ate up all my ressources...

That's almost certainly got nothing to do with loading a new level.  If the desired result on clicking "accept" was to terminate the campaign, as it should for any last-mission situations (barring the FS2 main campaign), then it should just be updating the pilot file and dumping the player back to the mainhall.

I wouldn't think there was a memory leak; rather that the game's in an infinite loop and won't relinquish control.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 10/22/05
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
i've fixed the lack of briefing icon in fred.  if a new fred build can be posted then i think everyone will be happy.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline redmenace

I would be happy to but c:\fred2_open\BriefingEditorDlg.cpp(1460): error C2660: 'cf_find_file_location' : function does not take 5 arguments
c:\fred2_open\EventEditor.cpp(1501): error C2660: 'cf_find_file_location' : function does not take 5 arguments
c:\fred2_open\DebriefingEditorDlg.cpp(514): error C2660: 'cf_find_file_location' : function does not take 5 arguments
c:\fred2_open\CmdBrief.cpp(349): error C2660: 'cf_find_file_location' : function does not take 5 arguments
c:\fred2_open\BriefingEditorDlg.cpp(1460): error C2660: 'cf_find_file_location' : function does not take 5 arguments
c:\fred2_open\EventEditor.cpp(1501): error C2660: 'cf_find_file_location' : function does not take 5 arguments
c:\fred2_open\DebriefingEditorDlg.cpp(514): error C2660: 'cf_find_file_location' : function does not take 5 arguments
c:\fred2_open\CmdBrief.cpp(349): error C2660: 'cf_find_file_location' : function does not take 5 arguments
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
oops forgot to commit fixes for those.  looks like someone else already got them
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 10/22/05

Some Important Comments:
  • FRED2_open only.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 10/23/05

Some Important Comments:
  • Regular Build Updated
  • P4 Optimized Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • FRED2_open Updated
              -Frederic Bastiat