Author Topic: FS1 Media released  (Read 3561 times)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
GE has informed me over AIM that the media vps for FS1 have been released. I've downloaded the campaign CBanims, the briefing CBanims, and the music. Go to the FSPort download pafe to get it.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
All I see on the page(s) is a big white box... :confused:
-C

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
I had problems using the music vp.
Namely I've put it in my FS1 campaign dir and used the latest launcher, but it was still the old music that play.

As I see it the new music.tbl tries to fake the original FS2 music with FS1 soundtracks; thus you don't have to rewrite every mission - which was exactly the thing I did earlier.

If someone told me how to make new tracks in the music.tbl I'm willing to compile the new missions and the music.tbl and upload it.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
The new table has extra tracks on top of the FreeSpace 2 tracks. It does not replace the original music. You'll have to go through every mission and change the music.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by Woolie Wool
The new table has extra tracks on top of the FreeSpace 2 tracks. It does not replace the original music. You'll have to go through every mission and change the music.

...or you can wait for FSPort: SCP Edition.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline aldi

GalacticEmperor  when is ST.R going to be relaesed.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Towani

GE: I see you have decided to release the FS1 music as a full release despite your previous argument when I suggested it several months ago....  :wtf:

Maybe you will also include the dogfight missions I made, including the one you asked for in the ST:R release? :confused:

Although I haven't been posting for some time I am still available to help out if you have work you want me to do. If the Source Code Project ever gets round to improving multiplayer mod support I'll glady do some Co-op and Team missions... :)

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Actually the first multiplayer missions were just tested, and the stuff seems to work, so don't give up your hopes yet :D

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by Towani
GE: I see you have decided to release the FS1 music as a full release despite your previous argument when I suggested it several months ago....  :wtf:

Long story... mostly it's because Goober fixed several bugs in the music code that caused FS1 music not to work properly, which is why the music requires the latest FSOpen build.

As for the multi missions, I actually haven't played them yet, but they don't actually look like what I was expecting. :nervous: You should still have internal access, we can discuss it there, if you like.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...