Author Topic: A noobie wanting an answer  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
A noobie wanting an answer
I know this must be an ultra-noob question, but I would like to know how to get the latest version of FRED2 to list the Inferno ships.

Any help will be appreciated.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
If you mean retail, then just plonk the Inf VP (or VP's if you did the multiple download) into the Freespace 2 directory beside all the Volition VP's and it should load them.

EDIT: If you have any .tbl files in the "Tables" folder of "Freespace2/Data" then you will need to remove these and place them in a backup file outside of the tables file or the game will load them instead of the inferno VP and you'll end up with all the ships masqurading as Ulysses fighters :lol:.

If you mean the Source Code Project FRED2 I don't know entirely about SCP since i don't have it, but i think you place the Inferno vp into a folder called "Inferno" in the MOD's directory and then use the -MOD command line and select it. Then it should work.

BTW: You require a patch to get Inferno R1 to work on SCP. I don't think not having the patch stops Inferno form working completly (it just crashes abruptly on some of the missions), but it might be worth getting it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 02:00:20 am by 1306 »
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Using SCP mod system you'll need to create a shortcut for the FRED build and add -mod Inferno or mod 'Inferno directory name' to the target line.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
thank you, Woomeister.