Off-Topic Discussion > Gaming Discussion

Call of Duty 2 (PC)

(1/3) > >>

aldo_14:
Got it a wee while back for the pricely sum of £12; very good game, yet doesn't seem to have the same 'oomph' as the original (despite probably being more intense).  And I'll never understand why they removed the run button introduced in CoD:UO, which was invaluable.  At least, though, they've actually got British soldiers fighting properly in the war (even if one mission, er, was done by Canadians in reality).  Russian missions - the highlight of the original game for me - disappoint, though.

Still, 12 quid.

Mefustae:
Personal fave for me was leading a charge of Crusader tanks across a desert plain towards enemy Panzer IIs. Not as awesome as the Red Square assault of the original, or as amazing as the B17 mission in UO, but just a great moment rolling in formation with some nice desert-sunset effects on the horizon.

aldo_14:
I liked the (so far; just past the 2nd Caen mission) Normandy missions most, largely because they (especially the first) felt utterly chaotic and hectic, something which the usually-funneled nature of CoD tends to preclude.

Colonol Dekker:
I liked the 2nd one no doubt but for me, the first games russioan levels were amazing. From the Volga to holding that house while tanks and infantry rush ya. Just :jaw: :wow: :omfg: :etc: :more random non-existant smiles:

Sarafan:

--- Quote from: Mefustae on August 10, 2006, 04:06:48 am ---Personal fave for me was leading a charge of Crusader tanks across a desert plain towards enemy Panzer IIs.

--- End quote ---

Mine too, just going against those Panzers rocked, everything blowing up around you and the guy yelling to keep the charge, it was incredible, a shame it was only one level.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version