Author Topic: RELEASE - Flames of War: chapter 1  (Read 46998 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Re: RELEASE - Flames of War: chapter 1
Disable and destroy the Despair. For some reason doing that triggers your orders to land on the fury. If the despair escapes, then even if you try to land, nothing happens, at least thats what happened to me.

Trashman, this campaign kicks ass. But quick question, why do the shivan bombers fire rebel bombs lol.

When my PC is up and running I'll look into this problem, but I can sware I didin't link the Fury departure with Despair...

Thanks for the praise... And why do they fire rebl bombs? Well, shivans normally use standard bombs in FS2. While I did make the ShivanBigBomb for their bigger bombers, the rebel bomb was sufficient for lighter targets. I suppose i could have made theri own specific weapon....
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

I am having the same issue with the Fury not jumping once it reached the node.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey T Man i have some problems. In the mission where you have to defend the hawkins ! Basicly it just keeps telling me aftrer i finish the mission that i have failed the mission and that i have to replay it!

Any quick solution for this problem? I would like to mention that i complete the mission succesfully all ships survive the hawkins the cruiser and the other one cant remember its name.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Hey Tman, just wanted to say that I also get the same problem as Alphaone, where it keeps telling me that Ive failed even if i keep all three ships, the grand, the planc, and the hawkins alive. I guess i could do the same thing as i did for the other mission and just change the goals in fred2, but do you have any other ideas, like something we're missing? Also, in that mission, and the previous mission, was it intentional to not let us decide delta wings(our wings) ships and loadouts, or am i missing something. Thanks, and great job again, specially on the mission with the big 'ol shivan fleet being repaired, mad fun.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Looks like I needed more beta testers.. :D
Funny, the campaign was up for testing for 2-3 weeks and no one reported this problem.

As for the Hawking & Planck mission - if the hawking is destroyed protecting the planck becomes your primary objective. Unless I messed up some condition in the campiang file it should work fine.

I PROMISE to look into it this weekend.

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
I PROMISE to look into it this weekend.

*Cough* And those fixed tables too, right...? *Cough*
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Sup Tman. Idk if this info will be helpful for you but ive tried i think most of the variations possible for the end of that mission. One time i let the hawkings die, and saved the planc (however somehow the grand disabled the kalmat and never killed it, idk if that changes things). At the end of the mission after the planc jumped it told me that 1/1 secondary objectives completed, but nothing bout primaries. Still told me i failed at debriefing (only after i clicked accept, the actual debriefing told me i succeeded). Then i kept both the hawking and the planc alive, and waited for both to jump, and it actually told me that 2/2 primary objectives had been completed, and the kalmat was destroyed, and i let the grand complete its waypoints, but it still didn't let me accept after debriefing. Then i also did, save the hawkings, kill the kalmat, and let the planc die, but then it just says 1/1 secondary objective completed, and doesn't let me pass. yeah, hope that helps you narrow down the problem.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
T Man i do not want to bug you ar agravate you but did you got a chance to fix those little bugs? I mean the campaign is just to good for me to me stuck on it and not beeing able to finish :(

Anyway i will; be awaiting for the fixes. Best of luck and speed.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Barely managed to find the time to fix this.

Finding a internet connection was even harder (my home Pc is dimantled, monitor died, my laptop refuses to connefct via wireless, LAN is disconected on the college atrium and most computer labs are either locked down or full... GAH!!!) I barely mamanged to download the lectures and materials I neededfor my tests..

anyway, I did look into it and uploaded a updated campaing VP.

Those two reported errors were my bloopers. The last time I fixed the files I accidently ticked the chained box in the Fury departure event (Despaior destroyed even was above it)..DUH.

and hte scannon stahs mission was flawed sine hte campaign file used a OR statement to determine if the mission should be repeated insted of AND (so you failed the mission if either one of hte ships was destroyed insted of both)

Weapon tables have been edited but I don't know if that will help.

So tehre you go. Hope it wil work now, and sorry it took so long

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doesnt matter i'm just glad you managed to fix them. I'm gooing to download the vp's again today. And wait does that mean i have to start all over again?
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
No, you just need he campaign VP from hades-combine. That's the only file that's been changed.

Just DELETE or move the old camapign VP and place the new one in the mod folder.
I actually named this one differently (Campaign1B.vp or something) so it wont overwrite the old one (in case I really messed up something in it, I havn't tested it)

You should be able to just contine playing, but to be sure jsut re-name the Vp (remove the B)

YAY! It worked. Thanks a bunch trashman, and that campaign was quite amazing, can't wait for the next!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Thank you...care to post your comments on the Wiki? ;7

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Superb campaign T man but now you made me hungry for the second part! I will eagerly await your new one! Once again congrats. Oh and thank you for the campaign!
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline Tyrian

Yes!!!  Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! 

*Immediately redownloads*

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just where do i post my comment on the wiki?
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
MODDING FREESPACE -> User-Made Campaigns -> and on the list you find the campaign you wish to comment on and then simply edit the Player Comments section (you have to be registered) or you add a section if it's not there:D

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Done with the post on the wiki! hope you like it. edit whatever youy think is inapropriate. :D Great work T Man i'm waiting for chapter 2! :D :)
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline Tyrian

Can you post a screenshot of how the mod directory is supposed to be set up with the new .vp?  Apparently, I have a disconnect between my brain and computer and all my FS2 installing knowledge has gone out the window...I've become a noob all over again... :(

Sig rising...

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What the? Just extract the archive in a new directory in root directory of FS2 ! You do not need to have it in the data folder or anithing like that. Oh and one thing that worked for me was to put the campaign .vp in the root directory of FS2 along with all the other files. Hope it works out for you! Asuming i understood what the problem was and managed to give you a decent solution!
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )