Author Topic: New tech room cubemap!  (Read 7834 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: New tech room cubemap!
Nebula thingy...

The nebula thingy is really crap ugly.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
The "nebula thingy" was just a test image (to help figure out the problems of getting OGL and D3D to be able to use the same cubemap files and show them the same way), so it was never really intended to be anything but crap. :)

The problem is that no one ever bothered to make a new one and instead just included the original test version in the MediaVPs.

Oh, and the default envmap (cubemap) will continue to get used if your video card doesn't have the required support to create one automatically for each mission.  It's only if your video card has the required extensions to create the envmaps that the mission envmap will override the default one.  Technically, every mission should include a pre-generated envmap and have that be used instead, but I appear to be the only person doing that.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
you know taylor, you could always have fred auto-generate it on save (assuming the background is not dynamic)
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
you know taylor, you could always have fred auto-generate it on save (assuming the background is not dynamic)
Use -save_render_target and any static envmap map is automatically saved into data/cache/.  You still need to post-process it though, to compress it and add mipmaps, so I didn't want it to be too automatic since some work for the mission maker is always going to be required.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
So will mine be in the 3.6.10 mediavps?
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta