Author Topic: Head Anis - UPDATE FEB 2013 NEW STUFF  (Read 25851 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Thanks, but it should be OK. GTVA officers don't seem to wear any fancy hats, only Bosch. Truth be told, the only reason that the freighter guys have hats is because the GTVA logo on their shirtfront is too small to be discernible, and I wanted something distintly non civilian.

Dragon - What do you want them for? Keeping in mind that you only have 160x120 pixels for these, putting everyone in a helmet would make them virtually indistinguishable from one another. Plus, TBH, if stuff is going to get released publicly - particularly a big project like that - I'd rather it be useful for a wide range of campaigns, rather than just a niche thing like that. Sorry man. :(
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Dragon - What do you want them for? Keeping in mind that you only have 160x120 pixels for these, putting everyone in a helmet would make them virtually indistinguishable from one another.
I would just like to see a helmeted anis exaclty for that purpose, so I can reuse those anis in multiple places, they may differ slightly, but only slightly.

Plus, TBH, if stuff is going to get released publicly - particularly a big project like that - I'd rather it be useful for a wide range of campaigns, rather than just a niche thing like that. Sorry man. :(
I'd like to use them in my project, but since it's going slowly, you may release them for everyone, as I mentioned they should be very generic and diffenr mostly in background details, so everyone could adopt them.

If you decide to do it, three or two generic pilots (one of them may have some markings on helmet, indicating a commander or ace), two generic freighter pilots, three generic capships and two generic commanders and a support ship would be everything that I need. Having a technician, comm officer, marine (If you've seen Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, you may base the it on marines from there), standard soldier and a tank driver would make the set prefect. Helmets and armour should be rather dark and don't show any skin (full pressure suits), with no insygnia.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
If you decide to do it, three or two generic pilots (one of them may have some markings on helmet, indicating a commander or ace), two generic freighter pilots, three generic capships and two generic commanders and a support ship would be everything that I need. Having a technician, comm officer, marine (If you've seen Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, you may base the it on marines from there), standard soldier and a tank driver would make the set prefect. Helmets and armour should be rather dark and don't show any skin (full pressure suits), with no insygnia.

:wtf: Isn't that asking a bit much?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Can I ask for 1 near-future atmospheric military plane pilot persona though? I had a simple, low quality ani that would have worked, but lost the file on my old PC. And this would be useful for DEFCON FS, and probably Wings as well.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

Yeah... I mean, BW didn't even agree in the first place.  :wtf:

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
That's the blessing/curse of this community.  You show some aptitude at something, and suddenly you have five projects jumping all over you with work requests. :p

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Looking great.
You might want to consider adding a chair behind a few of them, so it looks like at least a few of them are sitting.

Also, be careful what parts you choose as background, some fit better than others. Otherwise, looking stupendeus.

Want me to cobble together some props in 3D Max for you to use? Maybe some tactical monitors for the background or chairs? Wouldn't it be cool to see a few other people sitting and doing stuff in the background?

Really people - they guy is making something that should have been done a LOOONG time ago, we should all pitch in in any way we could. It's for the Greater Good!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Can I suggest.
My last posts being in jest, this one is seriously considered.

I've not checked the zip yet. But did you include a command-death? Especially for civil craft which are more likely to splode.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Nope, well, not in the zip I looked at.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.

That's everything I may ever need, but I they are not absolutely nessesary for me.
All of those will be used if they will be available, but in case they will not be made, I will just look for replacements.
Also, I'm sure that community will find an use for all those anis, especially if they will be in similar style and as generic as possible (even if not for humans, they should be usable for humanoid aliens).

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Can you do some anis (pilot, capship and command) in full helmets?

You know what would really be cool? If the helmets were modern pilot helmets:
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You didn't put up those 2 freighter captains for DL, no?

Hmmm...jsut downloaded what you did make and looked it over. Once can see a definite improvement in the later ones.
IMHO, you should keep the body movement to a minimum.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
(snip)
Ask the WC:S blokes real nicely? IIRC, they used helmets of a similar style as well.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
(snip)
Ask the WC:S blokes real nicely? IIRC, they used helmets of a similar style as well.
Those came straight from wingcommander  :nod:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Revan

• Sith Master
What about more Vasudan Variants?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Oh my! This would be useful for BP. Would you be interested in doing a few custom anis, Black Wolf? We could get rid of anis taken from 3rd party sources like Supreme Commander.

If it delays AOA directors cut. I'm against it :p
I'm just against it, it would be a case of being too used to those ANI's, especilally the Temeraire's and Orestes's ANI's that are used, they fit the ships too well.
Though having more ANI's to use however, that is a good thing to have.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
OK, I've been away at work for a couple of days, so one big response post:

Dragon - Sorry man - it's too much work for too little wide-appeal gain. If you wanted something closer to the FS style, I might be able to do a few, but I don't think I could justify getting into a project of that size for something that'd not get used in more than a handful of mods (if that).

Dekker - No death anis - these are all large ship style anis - they don't have a death scream, so the game has no way of knowing when to use a destruction ani, hence I haven't made any. When I do pirate pilots they'll have a death ani.

Shadogorrath & Woolie - Modern pilots require a couple of props I haven't yet obtained, most significantly that mask. Most of what I'd need is available to buy, but I'm not sure if I really want to go down that road, particularly not at the prices that sort of stuff is on places like Turbosquid. I'm looking for things that might be acceptable (and free) stand-ins - if I come across anything I might be able to do something.

Trashman - I'm planning to start experimenting with animating backgrounds soon. As you yourself noted, there's a transition - as I get better with the program, so too have the anis improved, and will continue to (hopefully :)). It's all building towards making a new, animated mainhall, though that's a ways off yet. And no, the first two freighter captains aren't up for DL - they're going into TI. I'll probably render another female freighter captain at some point, and I'll put her up for DL. And yes, chairs will be included in the next round :)

Revan - To the best of my knowledge there's no textured, high detail vasudan model available for DL anywhere, much less one that's been IK linked, or properly set up for speech. Without that, there's not much I can do.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I can offer to make some background props if you need some help.

Those two captains that aren't for DL look awesome, I hope to see more of that quality soon. ;7
And yeah...keep the strange body movement to a minimum.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
The excessive body movements are mostly to distinguish the various anis from one another - I'll admit the third one on the freighter captain is a bit silly though - I might redo him. In most of the others they're generally just turning to one side or shrugging their shoulders, though I have one where the guy touches his chin, and another adjusting his earpiece.

As for props... hmm, dunno really. As mentioned, I want to ultimately move to a mainhall, which I should probably do myself, so I'll have to fill it with props to make it look interesting and detailed. A useful side effect of this is that it'll also mean making a bunch of fun places to plop characters down and animate them. So I reckon I should be right on that front when it comes time to do it properly.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.

Dragon - Sorry man - it's too much work for too little wide-appeal gain. If you wanted something closer to the FS style, I might be able to do a few, but I don't think I could justify getting into a project of that size for something that'd not get used in more than a handful of mods (if that).

OK, I will have to stick with what I have now then.
I will most likely use all anis you make, except those with very visible GTVA symbols.