Author Topic: Regarding Goober5000 & Moderation in Political Discussion  (Read 54749 times)

Re: Regarding Goober5000 & Moderation in Political Discussion
Maybe I'm naive here but why not just, uh, remove them both? Take the IDF approach to collateral damage here?

I'm quite sure that the IDF approach would just shoot anyone who protests tyvm

As far as I'm concerned Goober has been given every chance to apologise for his actions. Instead last week Goober reiterated on the global moderator board that he feels that should the global mods and admins not agree with his definition of defamation he'd feel entitled to look into legal options.

****ing hell, he really is an irredeemable asshole.
And a fascist! Did he bring up how other white supremacists have been trying this same tactic?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 11:27:54 am by -Joshua- »

Oh wow even Sandwich is now going rogue. We see what you did with that thread there.

Guess now that Axem's gone there's no reason to keep to an agreement he posted here?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Oh wow even Sandwich is now going rogue. We see what you did with that thread there.

Guess now that Axem's gone there's no reason to keep to an agreement he posted here?

Split-locking personal attacks from a thread in PolDisc is not going rogue. And yes, I know you see what I did with the thread. That's why I wrote that I did that. So you would see it. Unlike some people, I don't act in the shadows.

What agreement?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

What agreement?

Do you read the threads you post in?

Offline Lorric

He's even put an edit into Zacam's post about the thread being restored unaltered.

Literally the post at the start of this thread. You know, the agreement that the admin staff had made to calm all of this down.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Anyway, both Goober and Sandwich have had their admin privileges removed.

I'll write a proper statement about it later, when I'm not on my phone.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Somewhat ironic that as his last action as admin, Sandwich unilaterally walked back on decisions that were made by a collective.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Somewhat ironic that as his last action as admin, Sandwich unilaterally walked back on decisions that were made by a collective.

Benevolent dictatorship
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Aesaar

Vive la révolution

Offline Lorric

To be absolutely fair, the other side broke it first by de-admining Goober. However, I do not protest what Karajorma just did. I feel with Goober being back as an admin and no one intending to move against him again, it should have still stood. Sandwich did something that made me think it was a sign of things to come, and I don't like where that sign was pointing.

To be absolutely fair, the other side broke it first by de-admining Goober.

Goober broke it first by not apologizing, surely? :P

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
All's well that ends well.

Now somebody get Axem back, for ****'s sake, all of this was absolutely not worth him leaving.

I would love Axem to return, but I also respect him too much to try to coax him back in here.

Offline Lorric

To be absolutely fair, the other side broke it first by de-admining Goober.

Goober broke it first by not apologizing, surely? :P
He did, but, well, we all know how people feel about it.

Axem should be made to know what happens, we'll see where this goes, as this could easily not be the end of the twists in the tale. If changes are to be made going forward, I would hope his voice would be involved in that.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Those who rejected my apology broke it first.  I fulfilled all the terms of my agreement.

I think Axem is the best thing to have happened to this community in years, but I really don't want to push him into coming back. If he looks at the forum, goes "okay this is nice" and then decides to be back, that's great. I wouldn't like to be put in a position where he feels obligated out of a sense of politeness or anything.

Those who rejected my apology broke it first.  I fulfilled all the terms of my agreement.

I am so glad none of us have to care what you think any more. That has been my motivating goal this entire time.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter

I'll finally make that Scroll cutscene if you can provide a heartfelt, sincere apology.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org

Your lawyers would be proud of you.

Thanks for being one of the primary reasons causing Axem to leave. Bang up job.