Author Topic: Freespace Dreams  (Read 10779 times)

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
I had a dream where while Bosch was talking to the Shivans the ETAK device broke and as a result Bosch was trying to teach the Shivans sign language.  The whole thing eventually devolved into a game of 20 questions using hand gestures that neither Bosch or the Shivans knew what each other was talking about.

Meanwhile, the GTVA had this Elysium class Transport board an ST Azrael, and the Marines sent to take the ship found some Shivans sitting at a table. They had tophats, and were having tea and crumpets. One of the marines shot and blew up the crumpets the Shivans were having, sending them into a berserker fury, in which they killed the marines and took over the Elysium sent to capture their ship. The Shivans then used the Elysium's comms to send a message to a nearby GTD Hecate.

The crew of the ship promptly stare at the viewscreen or whatever it was as our British Shivans promptly state, "Would you mind not blowing up our crumpets next time, ol' chap?"

And that is how I got my username.

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
That was awesome.  :lol:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I know this is an old thread, but it's MY thread so there.

I was playing through BP:WIH last night... actually only the second time I've played through to the end of Tenebra successfully (last time it would always CTD while trying to load the last mission), so it was pretty fresh in my mind.  To understand the other half of the dream context, you have to be aware that I work for Wal-Mart.

Tonight (or rather this morning) I had a dream set physically in my store in the furniture & housewares department (I used to run these two so I have product and layout familiarity) except that I knew that this area was somehow the Sol theater.  I was told that some new ships were coming in to tip the balance against the UEF, except that these new destroyers arrived in vacuum-cleaner boxes (Bissell if I remember correctly), complete with ship specs on the side.  There was also a new experimental class being deployed that everyone was excited about, and someone told me that people were calling it a super-juggernaut.  Since there are no Terran ships, GTVA or UEF that come close to that size, I commented that I felt that they were exaggerating using a class-title like that, and suggested at least a Super-destroy, possibly a juggernaut.

I don't remember the name of the ship, but it had more rounded curves to the features than the sharp-edged ships we've been seeing from recent GTVA warships, and instead of the silver-grey finish, it was mostly black... but then again these were in vacuum-cleaner boxes, and some vacuums have that shiny-black plastic finish.  I'm guessing the new design either had some jacked-up armor or a stealth coating or something.  Unfortunately, I never got the chance to see if out of the box so I could compare it size-wise to other destroyers.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
Well, Freespace has more then one ships that kinda look like vacuum cleaners,  :lol:

My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Well, the ship didn't look like a vacuum cleaner, but the box it came in and the way it was depicted on it was just like a Bissell.

I sometimes have dreams that I'm playing Freespace but there is a mix of Freespace ships and Star Wars ships, and sometimes ships from other franchises as well. And often they have openings that you can fly inside and it becomes like a Descent level.

Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

The Final War For The Multiverse

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
Funnily enough I yesteday said "Eh, seems unlikely I'd ever dream about the games I play", only to then have a dream about WoD that night. It was pretty vivid, though completely different from Spoon's laid out plot in that these missions quite heavily featured the Fur'angle part of the war. The CRF part was basicallly ignored entirely, and it really felt more like the original rather than the remake. In particular, three ships stuck out to me as initially quite normal but in wakeful hindsight, they looked like they fit in with the mod, but they aren't actually real.
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

Offline Kie99

So I was in this mission in a nebula, the ship I was on had somehow got lost. 

We're out looking for some clue and this guy who disappeared or was traumatised or something a few weeks ago pops up out of nowhere.  He says we have to follow him, we do and eventually hear this sound like waves and rigging, then we see a boat floating in the nebula.  Then a massive subspace portal opens in front of me and I wake up.

Weird.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I'd say Kappa wing found out about the cheat code.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Steam

We're out looking for some clue and this guy who disappeared or was traumatised or something a few weeks ago pops up out of nowhere.  He says we have to follow him, we do and eventually hear this sound like waves and rigging, then we see a boat floating in the nebula.  Then a massive subspace portal opens in front of me and I wake up.

Weird.

Did you ever play Derelict? Because there is a dream mission in Derelict exactly like that last part.
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline DefCynodont119

• Steam
Anyway, I had a dream a few days ago:

I was playing Saurian (as a Dakotaraptor) and found Aken Bosch standing by a riverbank with some camping gear, I couldn't interact with him, he was just standing there and mumbling to himself about something, there was a oil drum next to him that said "Terraforming Propane" on it.

That's all I remember. . .

Offline Kie99

Weird.

Did you ever play Derelict? Because there is a dream mission in Derelict exactly like that last part.

:D Yeah, whole post was a reference to it.  It's one of my favourite fan-made missions, simple, but it captures the feeling of a dream so well, things not quite making sense, not really knowing what's going on, but the narrative just progresses on regardless and you don't really question it.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"