Author Topic: Hello.....  (Read 47256 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
So if I got this right, the GTA will have the Orion from the very start? And the fisheads will make 3 destroyer in an attempt to rival the Orion??

Isn't that a bit too much? IMHO, I would assume the Zods first try to rival the Reliant or hte Orion is an attmpt to overshadow the Thanathos or Savior.. What ARE the GTA R&D and Design department doing? Sleeping?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The storyline is still fairly fluid at this stage.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
I kinda thought the Orion wouldn't show up until the Reliant had a chance to really, truly, and embarrassingly show itself as being inadequate for fighting the Vasudans. Say, '23 or '24 or so.
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
All indications are that the Vasudan warships were generally failures up to the Typhons

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
So? Can't Terrans also have faliures? Are aree we soooooo superior? :lol:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
No, we're just more warlike and like killing each other over oil more.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
In the FS1 techroom Vasudan warships were heavily critizized... the Aten was actually called far better than "most vasudan warships"

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam

Eh?  We have plenty of oil, we just are too afraid of offending 1% of the population that doesn't understand that we have new technology that won't disturb the environment.  So, we give money to countries like Iran, so they can build nukes and kill people.  It's really a shame that the Alaskan reserve wasn't tapped 10 years ago.  The then current president vetoed the bill, giving the reason that it wasn't neccessary, as the effects would not help for another 10 years anyways...  Meaning he couldn't take the credit for it.  And there's plenty in offshore reserves, too.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
In the FS1 techroom Vasudan warships were heavily critizized... the Aten was actually called far better than "most vasudan warships"

It doesn't say how good/bad the older Terran warhips were, now does it?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Really the only reference made it that the Typhon "has more armor plating than any Terran destroyer"

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.

Eh?  We have plenty of oil, we just are too afraid of offending 1% of the population that doesn't understand that we have new technology that won't disturb the environment.  So, we give money to countries like Iran, so they can build nukes and kill people.  It's really a shame that the Alaskan reserve wasn't tapped 10 years ago.  The then current president vetoed the bill, giving the reason that it wasn't neccessary, as the effects would not help for another 10 years anyways...  Meaning he couldn't take the credit for it.  And there's plenty in offshore reserves, too.

:wtf:

I couldn't really see what you were saying.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
* jr2 was just whining.

Umm, I'm saying we should have started using our own oil resources, that way we'd not have to be at the mercy of the sheiks, whose populace is dirt poor, even though they make more money than anybody else.

But, we won't use out own oil resources, for fear that the environmentalists would b**** and moan.

And, I"m saying that Congress passed something to allow drilling for oil in Alaska 10 years ago.... but Prez Clinton vetoed it because "it wouldn't affect prices for another 10 years"  ie, right now.  So, next time you fill up, thank him.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
And pray tell, what has THAT got to qo with the number and quality of Terran and Vasudan warships during the 14 year war?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam

About what this has to do with it.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
'kay, can we please get back on topic before the Bleak Hammer of Justice comes clunking down on this thread?

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Aye! Give terrans a clunky ol' bucket worthy of being replaced!

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
So if I got this right, the GTA will have the Orion from the very start? And the fisheads will make 3 destroyer in an attempt to rival the Orion??

Isn't that a bit too much? IMHO, I would assume the Zods first try to rival the Reliant or hte Orion is an attmpt to overshadow the Thanathos or Savior.. What ARE the GTA R&D and Design department doing? Sleeping?

Actually, the idea is that the Orion is a wonderful hull design.  The various components are very modular, allowing systems to be removed and replaced with more advanced systems.  This follows from FS2, where beam cannons were easily attached to the Orions, so easily that most were still in operation, while the Typhon couldn't be modified as easily.

Couple this with the fact that fighters have removable primaries and shielding systems were easily attached to all GTA fighters, and we can make a leap and say that GTA R&D was focused on creating a modules that could easily be attached to older hulls, the Orion in particular, and thus keep up with whatever new designs the Vasudans came up with.

The Vasudans didn't quite get the point.  The Thantos was mearly a mini-Orion (AKA, a Reliant basically) that, of course, wasn't a match for the Orion.  The Savior was designed to be a match, but they didn't understand the idea of modularzation of major components and so eventually the Orion was simply refitted and overpowered the Savior, so the Vasudans decided to go back to the drawing board and cranked out the Typhon, which was more than a match for the modern Orion (as evidenced by the Vega Engagement). 

If the Shivans hadn't shown up, I feel confident that a refitted Orion would have forced the Vasudans to redesign, again.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
If the Shivans hadn't shown up, I feel confident that a refitted Orion would have forced the Vasudans to redesign, again.

When would the Vasudans get the point, then?

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Orion > Typhon any day of the week

IT's simply that much better...far more THT's to blast that typhon with. I wouldn't credit the Eisenhowers destruction to a duke-out with the Typhon...rather a surprise attack by it..

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Typhon could easily beat the Orion if you replace its FighterKillers with Vasudan Flux Cannons, which the table says it should.