Author Topic: Studying overseas?  (Read 1139 times)

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Glasgow offers that plus more affordable living :p
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Clave

• Myrmidon
    Get Firefox!
    • Home of the Random Graphic
True-ish, much as I love Scotland, there is more in London, in terms of volume...

BTW, I don't live there because it is too expensive, I just go there to work ;)

And also BTW, me and mrs c are going to Scotland in two weeks! :cool: :cool: :cool:
altgame - a site about something: http://www.altgame.net/
Mr Sparkle!  I disrespect dirt!  Join me or die!  Could you do any less?

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I didn't actually like London when I was last down there.....  granted, I mostly spent the time in an office and at the Holiday Inn, but I just prefer Glasgow.  I've had a few offers of interviews or whatnot from London based companies, but I wouldn't move there even for the fairly silly money that was touted (£30,000 in one case).

Offline Night Hammer

• I Can't FRED
  • You'll shoot your eye out...
i lived at lakenheath when i was younger, london always seemed nice whenever we went
Stop... Hammertime :hammer:

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Glasgow is nice, I've encountered a tiny amount of Anti-Englishism but then you encounter Anti-somethingism wherever you go these days. London's been my hometown since I was born though, and If anyone reads Pratchett, I can only describe my attitude as similiar to Cmdr Vimes' attitude to Ankh Morpork, ie, hating it is very nearly a patriotic duty, and theres nowhere else I'd rather be.

As far as Canadians studying and the language barrier is concerned, sounds to me like Scotland would be a good idea ;)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
So... anyone wanna help me pay to go abroad? :p It'd keep me out of the forums, and thus stop me from annoying you all online! :D
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Wherever you go, make sure it's a language that you're going to be connected to for the rest of your life.

English is fine and all that if you're in need of traveling pointlessly, but the most experience can be gained where a primary language is a launguage you don't speak/want to learn, and where the secondary is English so that others can actually understand you.