Author Topic: Updates  (Read 71711 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
:eek: YOU HAD NTF CAPS MADE?! :EEK:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
yes :D
and mugs and frisbees :nod:
BUY BUY BUY! :headz:
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I don't know whether to laugh or cry...
Well, they're pretty cool, and the initiative's... admirable. I'll probably end up buying something, but you do realize that the legal situation's very murky don't you? the RF logo and stuff is THQs or Vs, and the NTF logo, well...I'm not going to sue you, but Interplay might...

Still, very cool :).
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Yeah, I'll probably close it as soon as everyone who said they're going to get something gets it.

So consider it a "limited time offer."
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Just checked - it's going to cost something like $30 AUD to get a single mug shipped over here... at that price I've got to think about whether I want it or not :(. Don't close down til I've told you one way or another, ok?

BTW, are you going to make this any more public? ie, news posts, etc.? Coz you'd get more business, and I'm sure there're a lot of people who'd love to have a NTF cap or mug, but don't check this forum, but it might be a little...shall we say indiscreet, given the circumstances?

Maybe you should suggest this place to Shrike for the HLP T Shirts idea that was floating around awhile ago? It seems like a reasonably decently priced site, and from what I understand, there's a way to put profit down to 0 (their base price)? That way there'd be no arguing over who the money should go to.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
I'm not getting any money - it's set at their base price.
I could put up a news post, on the NTV site - in fact I think I will. As for the HLP T-Shirts thing, it's up to Shrike. I'd reccomend him finding a higher-res HLP logo, though.

I have an NTF cap and a Nodewars poster in the mail :nod:
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Still alive, still working. I'm back in the FREDing mood. Perfected a mission today.

And WHERE is that damn NTF cap? I want to show my hatred of Vasudans to the world!

*scowls*

Edit 8/1: Oh yay I got the email. When I get it I'll post up pics :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2002, 04:34:18 am by 223 »
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Small update: I'm doing missions for some other projects at the moment - kind of lacking ideas. Soo yeah.
Anybody have anything to say/ask?
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Still not dead - school started, 0 free time.
so.. :p  ...
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
yeah... so what do you want me to do? :0

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Hmm..
give me a bit.
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
:p I know, things haven't been happening much around here but that's mostly because school started and I still haven't really adjusted to the "no-free-time" schedule
- Sarah Vowell

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
Lol, same here.  I haven't had time to do anything... damn football!!!
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Gay people are rejects who can't get girls. Period. -DragonClaw
Can I have sex with it yet? -KnightTemplar

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I've had study and what I'll call personal issues (of a good kind :D ) but rest assured, I'm still here. BTW, I've  finally hit upon the perfect nodemap design, shouldn't be long now. :)
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Oh, good :) I was wondering where you were.
Maybe I should get some more FREDers. I'll use my Connections and find some, maybe.
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I have a mission in progress - very good one, all about early difficulties with squeamish pilots, questioning the power sturcture etc etc. But as I said, other stuff is proving problematic. Anyway, check internal for a very unfinished nodemap...
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
All right. I'd just like to assure our 3 readers (the ones who use the "New Posts" function) that we aren't dead. I'm taking a break until a) My new schedule, involving school, has stabilized, b) I finish doing some things for other projects and c) inspiration hits me.
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by Alikchi
:p I know, things haven't been happening much around here but that's mostly because school started and I still haven't really adjusted to the "no-free-time" schedule

lol, who're you trying to kid :D  no one did any work even when it was summer :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Update

Yes Yes, we are about 50% of the way through the demo mission making (which only really began in earnest about two weeks ago), so in theory, you should be able to kill yourself some Zogs within the month...but little things like Exams and week long parties (Leavers week rocks ;7 ) are gtting in the way of my FREDding time - so expect the demo before Christmas (Hopefully).

Currently it will be either 5 or 6 missions, possibly a branching end (One End sees you in Epsilon Pegasi, the other in Deneb) - this is particularly likely if Alikchi actually hires one of the FREDders who applied. Anyway, it will catalogue the beginnings of the NTF rebellion 18 months prior to FS2, and will probably be released as a VP of under 2 megs (We aren't putting in even a quarter of the stuff the full campaign will contain - no NTF interfaces, no NTF intel graphics, no NTF main screen, - just the missions and a few minor mods to make it fit the pre FS2 timescale).

Anyhow - any questions? We'll obviously have more solid information as we get closer to completion, but most queries should be answerable at this point.
Rarely Updated P3D.