Author Topic: Fly/command a Ravana and its' squadrons :)  (Read 15483 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: Fly/command a Ravana and its' squadrons :)
If you can do the same for a hectae, orion and put them both i the same misison on different teams, that would make for interesting multi...........

:D me™
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mav

@Colonel Dekker:
Yup, already thought so, too :) . But I wanted to first get the Ravana working as good I can. And yes, multi... remember those "defend-your-cruiser"-team-missions ? Now, set that cruisers as Alpha 1 and Zeta 1... :drevil:
Sadly, my online-PC isn't very stable it seems... browsing works fine, most of the time, but it seems to need a new harddrive more sooner then later :sigh: .
But maybe I'll try to get to the next scheduled MP-match - tomorrow, is it? Around 4-8 a.m., as I'm GMT +1; but on the other hand the 11 p.m. doesn't fit my time-schedule at all, so I'll have to try waking up early... if going to sleep at all ;) .

Also, this would finally NEED the Inferno-builds to have working multi - at least if those destroyers should have a rather full fighter complement... 1 Ravana + 1 Hecate + 1 Hatshepsut = how many fighters launched?? :confused: :D
Btw., are there any stats at those fighter-capacities? I remember the Colossus having 12 squadrons = 144 fightercraft, and I think I vaguely remember the Orion having 3 squadrons OR wings = 36 OR 12 fightercraft (though 12 would be a little low - at least if they're not all Alpha1's ;) ). But besides of this, I don't remember that much... maybe the Typhon was also given numbers, but I'm not sure there...

Is there a place where I can download this ? Cause on the other links it doesn't work ...
The link over at Gamewarden doesn't work? Did you try the first or second one? :confused:
Oh, well, I guess I should finally put this here, too - especially as I can also edit old posts here, which seems to be impossible at GW...
Also, I guess the old one is down already, as those free file-hosts usually take files down if they're not downloaded for a certain time (30 days I think it is in this case). The newer one shouldn't, I checked for it earlier this day...

So, for all those being irritated, here's the more-or-less actual download-link:

Link to upload2.net, please visit instead of rightclick-saveas... ;)

And to be sure, I just looked again at it, and it still was there. Should it ever be missing when you try to DL it, notify me, and I'll re-upload it :) (though it might take some weeks - I'm not online that often, sadly...).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 11:56:22 am by Mav »
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

-----------------------------------
capship shields DO WORK !!!
my models, now with pics
test mission for commanding capships
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Orion ~ 120
Hecate ~ 150 (144 or 156 more like it)
Hatshepsut ~ 144
Ravana = ??? (my estimate around 120 )
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Mav

Orion ~ 120
Hatshepsut ~ 144
Thanks for the input :) .
...But doesn't this conflict with the Colossus said to have 12 squadrons (=144 fighters) ? I'd have thought the Colossus should have significantly more fighters then a standard destroyer, no? :confused:
And where are your numbers from? :confused:  (I'll check FS1&2 tbls at some point, provided they're not already your source; but it will propably take a while till then...)
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

my models, now with pics
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Notice: This domain name expired on 08/19/07 and is pending renewal or deletion

This is what I get when I go to that link  :sigh:

Offline Mav

Notice: This domain name expired on 08/19/07 and is pending renewal or deletion

This is what I get when I go to that link  :sigh:
Huh? The one I just posted above? *Very* strange... :confused: I can click on it right now and get to the DL-page... :wtf:
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

my models, now with pics

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Orion ~ 120
Hatshepsut ~ 144
Thanks for the input :) .
...But doesn't this conflict with the Colossus said to have 12 squadrons (=144 fighters) ? I'd have thought the Colossus should have significantly more fighters then a standard destroyer, no? :confused:
And where are your numbers from? :confused:  (I'll check FS1&2 tbls at some point, provided they're not already your source; but it will propably take a while till then...)

:wtf:

dude, the Colossus has 60 fighter and bomber wings = 60*4 = 240 fighters

Alltough that too sounds WAAAY to little for sometihing as huge as that squirt gun...I would expect 500 at least...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Mav

@Thrashman:
 :nervous: Ooops. I somehow remembered 12, but it seems my memory sort of played a trick on me... I wasn't too sure, but somehow I had that number...
So, ok - thanks for the correction :) .

@ShadowGorrath:
Ouch!?? :shaking: Now it gives me the same message as you... that really makes me wonder why it didn't do so earlier... :confused: :nervous:
Anyway, I'll re-upload it. And thanks for notifying me :) .

[edit: And now again it shows the DL-page? Something pretty dumb is happening here... :wtf: ]
[edit2: Uh-oh... now I do understand - there's nothing wrong with my file in specific, but the domain is expired - i.e. the filehost hasn't paid his bill for the webpage it seems... *urk* :wtf: :(
So now I'll have to upload it to a different filehost... wait a couple of minutes, please :) .]
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 03:20:00 pm by Mav »
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

my models, now with pics

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I recommend to upload it to filefront . More stable site .

Edit: a couple of minutes isn't 28 minutes  :p
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 03:49:46 pm by ShadowGorrath »

Offline Mav

Ok, new DL-link:

this leads to turboupload.com, where the actual download-link is located
Hope it works now :) .

And... I tried Filefront just before this one, but somehow the upload got corrupted/aborted :( .

Oh, and sorry about the minutes - things are a bit slower on my side sort of - sorry. (well, you know - time dilatation and all this stuff ;o) )
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

my models, now with pics

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
It works now  :)

And wth - filefront never failed anyone ! I think ...

Offline Mav

Good to hear it works :) . Have fun with it, but remember it's still heavily work-in-progress... and read the readme or so - there are quite some not-so-well-working mission versions in this file; use the one mentioned in the readme and it should work - to some extent (as described in the readme)...

Sorry for pointing so deliberately at the readme, but I'm a bit out of touch with this version, and my current one isn't too releasable at the moment... :nervous:
On this point... Uh, somebody have ideas what to do about my above-mentioned .pof-problem? :confused: As stated I'll try PCS2, but as that's still wip, too, I wouldn't expect too much of it... :nervous:

About filefront: Dunno, I had about 15 kb/sec upload, but it aborted when it was about halfway through...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 04:18:47 pm by Mav »
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

my models, now with pics

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Hey , this thing is pretty cool . One thing though - is it just me , or is turning rate on the Ravana a little too slow ? Also , it needs to have other weapons disabled , and the two lower beam cannons mountable and player controlable . Also I want to ask why does it have a shield that is almost invincible ( only once did I get a 1% hull damage ) ?

Offline Mav

Hi and sorry to keep everyone waiting so long... I had some PC problems and also other stuff to do :-/ .

Now, I'm still planning to keep on working on this and also have made at least a little bit of progress :) .
Sadly, there are still a bit too many problems for me to release an update yet... :(
Though I'm pretty happy that I got unlock-primaries to work for the first time, though I still don't understand what was wrong - I just removed a variable that should have done next to nothing... :wtf:

I'll also see to put an updated and tidied SCP-request-list at the first post...

So, to conclude - please don't give up on this mod, I'm still working at it :) .

@ShadowGorrath:

Hi and thanks for the praise :) .

About your problems...

I really don't think I changed the turnrate - you'll just have to get used to command such a huge lump of whatevere-it-is-that-Shivans-make-their-capships-of  ;) :wakka: .

About the weapons - control of turret fire   (as in on/off or "fire at target" - aiming them manually like in X2 would certainly be the ideal case, but that's a long way down the road I'd fear)   is one thing I'm currently trying to do   (and have made a small progress with)   , mounting them would require SCP-changes though (or a very big lot of scripting, dunno...) .

And your final question I have to answer in three parts - first, it has a shield at all because I wanted to demonstrate that capship shieldmeshes DO work, although somewhat imperfectly (which is why I also use the "surface shield"-flag to catch the few shots that get through). And this particular shieldmesh isn't from me, it belongs to a pack the Inferno-team released a long time ago (thanks & credits :) - as already mentioned in the readme) .
Secondly, this is in no way a final version yet, and I didn't yet care about balancing at all - it's just thought to demonstrate the principle of commanding capships in FS.
Thirdly and finally - I made Shivan capship-shields so strong for myself a long time ago, because I wanted to replicate the "Lucifer-effect" (i.e. that the shields are nearly invulnerable) just through high shield recharging (the stronger the shields, the more hp they recharge per timestep because they recharge a fixed percentage) and thereby oriented myself vaguely at the hull-to-shield-ratio of the SF Dragon (100 hull vs. 700 shields).
You can just reduce the Ravana's "$shields"-value in the appropriate ...-shp.tbm   (I think I was using modular tables here, but as most of my concerns lately were with Fred, I'm not too sure - sorry)   if the high shield value irritates you.

But I have to agree - once I release an update, I really should include reduced shield values and also certainly weaker "primary beams", if any at all - they are just thought to give the player something to fire with while I'm trying to get the turret-control working  ;) .

*over and out*  :warp:
sorry, but I just had to use this smiley... ;-)

-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

my models, now with pics

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Thats good.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Mav

Erm... thanks :) , but might you please be a bit more specific?

Or are you just referring to that fact that I want to continue this?

Which btw. might have gotten along a bit this night, it seems I at least discovered some misunderstandings I had about the scripting... but don't hold your breath - although FS is still my favourite game, I do have a bit too many other interests for anything I do to evolve anywhere near quickly, sorry. And some of the errors I'm having with my current build seem pretty annoying and senseless :sigh: , which doesn't exactly help in inspiring me :( .

(btw., though I got a first version of primary beam restriction working  [ouch! I just thought of that maybe it hadn't be needed at all, would I have used the shots-parameter :rolleyes: :beamz:...  - well, now at least into this I'll have a look this weekend, as my current system isn't really working as it should]  , the turret control that used exactly the same system seems to have stopped working in the meantime without any apparent reason :ick:... [I didn't even touch it in that time, I think :wtf: < just a bit like quantum wave functions - don't you dare to look at them! ;) > ] )

edit: updated the SCP-requests and moved them to the first post of the topic
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 04:20:11 am by Mav »
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

my models, now with pics