Author Topic: Missions without briefing/Debriefing possible  (Read 2751 times)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Missions without briefing/Debriefing possible
Hello,

i have a question (again :) )

Is it possible, to make a mission launch (and end) without any briefing and debriefing window, not even the automatic ("sum of goals"-screen) at the end of the briefing or would this only be possible through another code-change ?

Reason is, I want to create a planetary mission with 3 missionparts and it is supposed to work like that :

1)Briefing

2) first missionpart :  space, approaching the planet, then a mission end without debriefing, but a cutscene for entering the atmosphere

3) second missionpart : no briefing, immediately start of ingame groundmission, ending without any debriefing again, but another cutscene for re-entering space

4) third missionpart : again no briefing, immediately start of ingame space-mission, WITH debriefing

In order to work out as much convinient as possible, I would like to have only the loadingbar-screen (because I already know, THAT can't be skipped :D)

So, is it possible disabling all the screen at all, or would this be another SCP-Request ?

AFAIK I would have to re-think the position of the cutscenes, because they are supposed to be played at the start of a mission, since only endcampaign allows one in the end, but this would be no problem.

Thanks

Starman©
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
There are "No Briefing" and "No Debriefing" checkboxes in Mission Specs (Shift - N)
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
:doh:

You know, this is what I like in Freespace-Modding. I'm doing it now for years, but you can learn every day something new.

Thanks Black Wolf :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Be advised, last time I checked, "no briefing" doesn't work for red-alert missions.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
Be advised, last time I checked, "no briefing" doesn't work for red-alert missions.
You haven't been keeping up with Mantis I take it?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
My appologies... although in my defence, starman may not be using a recent build. :nervous:
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!