Author Topic: EA government structure  (Read 4048 times)

Offline CT27

EA government structure
What kind of government does the EA have in Nostos? 

Offline CT27

Re: EA government structure
For instance, do they have a President/PM or is it kind of a military junta/oligarchy?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: EA government structure
We don't have anything final and concrete, but we know for sure that Earth Alliance is actually founded by Federation of Earth [or Earther Federation] as a result of a war against Martian Hegemony they won. The name is a dire reminder for martians that they lost the war and should always remember about their position within the Alliance. There was probably a war against TransJovian Hegemony, but due to decentralized nature of rim governments, it ended up with stronger despotes willingly join the EA for personal benefit of their leaders.

I feel that Earther government that become dominant power within the EA was actually elected, but subsequently dismantled the post-GTA democratic institutions and established autoritatian regime instead. They are legitimate solar government, even if they don't respect the rule of law and isonomia. It was basis of their territorial claims for the rest of terran colonies outside Sol, after reopening of subspace corridor between Sol and Delta Serpentis.

It's worth noting that certain military leaders, such as Admiral Falon have very high dose of inidividual power and influence inside EA structures, so despite the fact that they do have a parliment, EA is closer to military oligarchy.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 08:04:39 pm by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.