Community Projects > The FreeSpace Port Upgrade

[RELEASE]PVS Scarab

<< < (2/5) > >>

Trivial Psychic:
It'd be extra cool of the docking sleeve could be made to retract between dockings.

Oddgrim:
It would be cool, but the animation code is very restricted in what you can do that does not involve rotations. :(

Anyhow last update for the year (only spent an hour modeling it), I ripped out the autoloader system for re arming fighters and replaced it with a personnel dock.

Luis Dias:
Oh look another brilliant model by Oddgrim.

SNORE.

(:yes:)

Trivial Psychic:

--- Quote from: Oddgrim on December 31, 2013, 07:16:22 am ---It would be cool, but the animation code is very restricted in what you can do that does not involve rotations. :(
--- End quote ---

I thought it supported rotations and NOT translations.  The back-sloped section behind the dockpoint could be made to swing into the hull, hinging at the back, and then the dock collar cylinder be attached to the end of it and rotate in the opposite direction so it remains perpendicular to the hull and swings up into the hull.

Hellstryker:
I love your work dude, but I honestly would've made it unmanned. The ship is novel in that regard if nothing else, and I'm also willing to bet that Volition would put more precedent on the lore of the game than an obscure model that was never seen once which the modeler probably screwed up by assuming it was manned and stuck a cockpit on it.

From a strictly technical standpoint however it is A++ as usual.  :yes:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version