Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Silent Threat: Reborn

Crash During "Chasing Shadows"

(1/3) > >>

DumpDumpDump:
I've had multiple crashes during "Chasing Shadows" at different points during the mission.

Log attached.

Thanks!

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]

AdmiralRalwood:
The log shows FSO quitting successfully, not crashing.

DumpDumpDump:
Hmm, odd...

Let's try this one.

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]

AdmiralRalwood:
That one just suddenly stops without recording the error; unfortunately, that makes it effectively useless for troubleshooting. However, I notice you seem to be using 3.7.4 RC1. Could you try it with a recent Nightly Build instead? If that doesn't crash, I think it's probably a ship-spawning bug that was already fixed, and 3.7.4 RC2 should work when that gets released.

Trivial Psychic:
I'm getting a crash on this mission too.  The timing is completely random.  Sometimes I get it within a few seconds of the mission starting.  Sometimes much later.  I just tried a hunch and opened the mission in FRED and deleted the event that replaces the ships with hulks and played it again.  Things seemed to be going better and I made it much further into the mission.  Unfortunately, I did poorly enough that the Hope got destroyed, so I restarted.  Unfortunately, I experienced the same random crash.  Then I reopened it in FRED and deleted the debris field, but got the crash again.

I had played on a recent debug and got a CTD with the following message:

Assert: num == bm_bitmaps[n].handle
File: bmpman.cpp
Line: 961

ntdll.dll! NtWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_5_SSE2_20160401_f4645e3-DEBUG.exe! <no symbol>
kernel32.dll! BaseThreadInitThunk + 18 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 99 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 54 bytes

I tried to include my log in an attachment, but the file size limit is 2 MB, and my log is about 2.7 MB.  Yes, I'm using a filter file so that may have a bearing on the massive file size.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version