Author Topic: Re: Random Noncanon Events  (Read 9853 times)

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Re: Re: Random Noncanon Events
Quote from: Freespace Wiki
The Near End was 5 months or more before the Shivans Arrived. So when the Terrans Started to move into Vasuda the PVN Started to crumble. When the Shivans Came it Ended the War.

I found this single statement utterly hillarious. No idea why.

On another note, we don't really have much canon intel on the 14 Year War.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Shade

Thanks for the heads up. Consider it dealt with :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Offline Shade

I've been monitoring him. He's actually making a campaign, though, and hasn't changed any canon pages nor added any links to pages he has made. So what he's doing is fine so far - Documenting a campaign you're making is a perfectly reasonable use of the Wiki.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Ah, 9rd Fleet is a campaign... :lol:

Offline Shade

Yeah, he may need some help with grammar and the like as he's French and has already admitted that his english is terrible, but I can live with that if we get another campaign to play.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
He could always enlist help from the bilingual members on the forum. We do have a number of French users, and I'm sure most of them speak English well.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
He could always enlist help from the bilingual members on the forum. We do have a number of French users, and I'm sure most of them speak English well.

No, no. Getting native speakers' help should be the best. There are sentence structures that are grammatically correct, but sound weird to a native speaker.

On-topic: At least he is able to communicate with us. ITA Master did not do that.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Random Noncanon Events
I can probably translate a bit of French if it's easy enough. I did a lot of French a few years ago.

One problem I can see though is that his articles aren't in paragraph form, and are laid out in point form, which might be a bit hard to make into a coherent article without his direction.

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Offline Shade

I'm aware of it. This time though, he's actually doing as I told him to do by making a campaign page and linking to it from the proper location, so I see no reason to intervene yet. Spelling and grammar are bloody lousy as before of course, but I'm willing to see where this goes.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Well, at least he didn't flood the Wiki with his noncanon stuff. That's one step ahead. Still, the fact that he added the"PLEASE DON'T EDIT THIS PAGE" cannot be permanent.

[EDIT] Now he has removed his campaign from the Campaign List (FS2) article, but kept its article. He's confused about what he can do and what he shouldn't.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 10:10:37 am by TopAce »

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I don't get why he won't communicate.

EDIT

Laser screwdriver. Who'd have sonic?

He's created another campaign, "Desert Storm". He's also added Desert Storm into the place where Jupiter's Story used to be (Pre-Great War era)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 04:34:01 pm by Snail »

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Perhaps it's not a new campaign, but Jupiter's Story renamed?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
No, Jupiter's Story was something to do with the Jovian colonies of Sol, Desert Storm is apparently Vasudan-related. I think he's brainstorming but being a bit too enthusiastic and posting up every idea that goes into his head. As long as it's controllable for now I think we can let it slide.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Well, yes. But his articles need some polishing, most notably for capital letters.

[EDIT] I made some changes. I hope I didn't discourage him.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 05:01:40 pm by TopAce »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well he's removed Desert Storm too, now. That means he's added Jupiter's Story, removed it, replaced it with Desert Storm and removed it again. What's he doing?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
He doesn't like his pages edited. Can't think of anything else.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Well, if he bothered to read the guidelines...

"Please note that all contributions to Freespace Wiki may be edited, altered, or removed by other contributors. If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly, then don't submit it here."
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================